davidg

Nowt much to worry about so far:

Paisley

Area: New supermarket next to Abbey Mill

Reason: This town looks like someone has dropped it

versus

Greenock

Area: by old tescos

Reason: It's just one bad building too many. The town centre of Greenock was managing to keep its head above some truly baws-ugly buildings. You can't really go too far wrong with a town that has views across the Clyde to one side and hills to the other. But the planning by the waterfront is just f***ing disasterous, an aglomoreration of nasty architecture shrouding the Victorian town hall and this tesco which puts a car park between the old town and the water. B*****ds!

Port Glasgow

Area: All of it

Reason: In Glasgow they are at least making efforts to deal with the passing of the industrial period. In Port Glasgow they are just standing on the shore and shrugging their shoulders. "There is nothing in art or culture that is worth the life and elementary happiness of one of those thousand who rot in the Glasgow slums," wrote Lewis Grassic Gibbons. Whilst the current state of a town like Port Glasgow or Greenock nearby doesn't produce the same depth of feeling, it makes me feel sick in the stomach everytime I see the latest piece of nonsense about Scotland being a creative, forward thinking country

If the new Morrisons is the worst thing about Paisley then i think i could live with that, but then im not from Paisley so maybe shouldnt comment! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

Lewis Grassic Gibbon once said that "there's nae sae fine folk as them that bide by Don and Dee". Which is, of course, utter bollocks. Any form of clothing that bears such a thing as a colour is greatly frowned upon in Sheep City.

Heart$parky was right about the place being "chromatically challenged".

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Lewis Grassic Gibbon once said that "there's nae sae fine folk as them that bide by Don and Dee". Which is, of course, utter bollocks. Any form of clothing that bears such a thing as a colour is greatly frowned upon in Sheep City.

Heart$parky was right about the place being "chromatically challenged".

197868[/snapback]

Sheep City is only good when a couple of the Good Folk of Paisley are oot oan the skite :P