Top Five Hero(ine)s

Bill Lees

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

surprised by your number one choice. Yes Mandela stood for freedom however one should look at what goes on in South Africa today as things have turned the other way. While blacks can now walk free from murders and many do ( South Africa has more murders than anywhere else in the planet ) whites are put in jail's for very small things. Look what has happened in Rwanda , supported by South Africa I may add.

Before you start saying I'm racist I fully support freedom for all no matter colour or religion. However all that has happened in South Africa is a change of regime. Yes i have been many times.. While i find white racists the scum of the earth I have also fist hand experience of blacks who have one mighty chip on their shoulder in the ( not all but many ) UK , Africa and the US to the point where it can be very dangerous if your white.

Let the fight begin :rolleyes:

Bill,

surprised by your number one choice.  Yes Mandela stood for freedom however one should look at what goes on in South Africa today as things have turned the other way. While blacks can now walk free from murders and many do ( South Africa has more murders than anywhere else in the planet ) whites are put in jail's for very small things. Look what has happened in Rwanda , supported by South Africa I may add.

Before you start saying I'm racist I fully support freedom for all no matter colour or religion. However all that has happened in South Africa is a change of regime. Yes i have been many times.. While i find white racists the scum of the earth I have also fist hand experience of blacks who have one mighty chip on their shoulder in the ( not all but many ) UK , Africa and the US to the point where it can be very dangerous if your white.

Let the fight begin  :rolleyes:

200468[/snapback]

I'm surprised, not at what you say, but because I've heard nothing about it from any other source, including my brother in Cape Town. Have you any independent evidence for what you claim ? It's certainly no basis for an argument. If you're telling me you think ending apartheid was wrong, you might get one then, but not on the basis of some black people who may or may not have a chip on their shoulders - some of which my well be understandable, if not justifiable.

If you're telling me you think ending apartheid was wrong,

Bill did you not read what I wrote, here is a quote from my post

all that has happened in South Africa is a change of regime

Yes apartheid had to go but what has it been replaced with Bill. The ANC responsible for the murder of many whites and bombing's and of course the quote below

Look what has happened in Rwanda , supported by South Africa I may add.

Now your quote Bill.......

Are you telling me that the black goverment in South Africa

basis of some black people who may or may not have a chip on their shoulders - some of which my well be understandable,

CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) -- Ten-year-old Marissa Naidoo, who was kidnapped from her primary school, murdered and stuffed in a suitcase, was buried Wednesday as the government released statistics showing that 51 South Africans are killed in an average day.

If you're telling me you think ending apartheid was wrong,

Bill did you not read what I wrote, here is a quote from my post

all that has happened in South Africa is a change of regime

Yes apartheid had to go but what has it been replaced with Bill. The ANC responsible for the murder of many whites and bombing's and of course the quote below

Look what has happened in Rwanda , supported by South Africa I may add.

some black people who may or may not have a chip on their shoulders - some of which my well be understandable, if not justifiable

Justifiable chip on the shoulder come on Bill what is that all about. So it's ok for blacks to make trouble with whites yet when its the other way round it is racism

and unacceptable. One only needs to listen to Rap crap to hear how big a chip on the shoulder some blacks have.

To end all i will say is i live for the day when both black people and white people will live together in peace. Trust me Bill i have seen the other side of the coin.

In the early 80s i was on a rig that came from America. It had two mess rooms, one for whites and one for blacks. This shooked me. Working on Bute the US navy would call in. One night the whites were let off for a night out in the town while the blacks and only blacks got the next night off. Alabama was in a bar and the local guy's we were with had to ask if it was ok to bring in a black guy who was in our company. We had to sit in a corner next to the door and the black guy was not to go near the bar. This was two years ago. On the other side of that coin again I have been told ..white boys are not welcome here take that as a warning.

So it's a mixed up shit hole Bill with a problem that is not yet ended.

Quote from a South African newspaper, how sad.

CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) -- Ten-year-old Marissa Naidoo, who was kidnapped from her primary school, murdered and stuffed in a suitcase, was buried Wednesday as the government released statistics showing that 51 South Africans are killed in an average day.

Justifiable chip on the shoulder come on Bill what is that all about.

No, I said it was understandable, if not justifiable. Perhaps you should concentrate on reading what I say instead of incorrectly ticking me off for not reading what you say.

So it's ok for blacks to make trouble with whites yet when its the other way round it is racism and unacceptable.

Again, I didn't say that. Nobody has said that. Except you.

To end all i will say is i live for the day when both black people and white people will live together in peace. Trust me Bill i have seen the other side of the coin.

In the early 80s i was on a rig that came from America. It had two mess rooms, one for whites and one for blacks. This shooked me. Working on Bute the US navy would call in. One night the whites were let off for a night out in the town while the blacks and only blacks got the next night off.  Alabama was in a bar and the local guy's we were with had to ask if it was ok to bring in a black guy who was in our company. We had to sit in a corner next to the door and the black guy was not to go near the bar. This was two years ago. On the other side of that coin again I have been told ..white boys are not welcome here take that as a warning.

Ian, you can quote me instances of racist attitudes from your travels of the world all you like. If you're expecting me to be horrified, I'm not. I'm all too well aware that the pernicious poison still exists, in America, in South Africa, here in the UK, and anywhere you care to look. That, quite simply, isn't the point.

And speaking of that - the point, that is, and to return to it, Nelson Mandela is on my list of personal heroes because of his behaviour in leading the long fight against the evil of apartheid, for his dignity in doing so, and for his remarkable achievement in becoming the first democratically elected President of the Republic of South Africa.

So it's a mixed up shit hole Bill with a problem that is not yet ended.

That may well be the case. Nobody, least of all Mandela, ever claimed that Apartheid was replaced automatically by Utopia. But again, it is quite beside the point. Apartheid was unique, and uniquely evil, in that it was the only state-sanctioned system of institutionalised discrimination on the grounds of race anywhere in the world. That it is now gone is IMO, cause for rejoicing, even if the democracy which South Africa now is is still far from perfect.

Ach you just can't get the wind up's these days  :rolleyes:

200552[/snapback]

Ian, can you do me a favour and let us know when you're doing a wind-up and when it's your real opinion ? 'Cos your last message looked like you really meant it. I know that might be defeating the whole essence of the wind-up, but in your case - particularly with your signature - it's difficult to tell. Gonnae ? Eh?

Chinford,

Im sure i met you down south in a bar the night before the Blackpool game and you were one big bore then who clearly leads a very uninteresting sad life., If it was not you apologies

Still you write very littile on Saintsin the BWA pages but plenty tripe all over BWA

Oh and sorry if my spelling does not come up to your high standard. I left school and became a tradesman not a white collar prick that you have turned out to be, or at least you act like one on BWA.

Bill , I stand by what I wrote as my last signature as our country has turned into a political correct society thanks to a loony labour Mr & Mrs Right's who give all sorts of powers to poofs ,Lesbians , Moslims.

Bill , I stand by what I wrote as my last signature as our country has turned into a political correct society thanks to a loony labour Mr & Mrs Right's who give all sorts of powers to poofs ,Lesbians , Moslims.

200647[/snapback]

What sorts of "powers" ?

political correct, well what about letting two poofs get married suggest that two men having sex is acceptable. We have lesbians and poofs who can now adopt children. You have to be careful what you say to a Moslem or coloured person or you will find yourself charged with racism.

People coming into our country are given housing fully furnished.

Yet we can't seem to help our own poor of which many sleep homeless. Look what labour has done for single fathers who can't get to see there own children.

Chinford,

Im sure i met you down south in a bar the night before the Blackpool game and you were one big bore then who clearly leads a  very uninteresting sad life., If it was not you apologies

Still you write very littile on Saintsin the BWA pages but plenty tripe all over BWA

Oh and sorry if my spelling does not come up to your high standard. I left school and became a tradesman not a white collar prick that you have turned out to be, or at least you act like one on BWA.

200647[/snapback]

See!!! :lol::lol:

I KNEW you could still get wind-ups, these days! :bounce4:bounce3:bounce2:happyclapper

Thank yoou, LS - restored my faith in wind-ups...

You never met me in any Blackpool bar on a night before a game, so I accept your apologies. :) ... if it was me, chinGford, that you were apologising to...?

And as for acting like a prick?

Lochwinnoch Saint: I stand by what I wrote as my last signature as our country has turned into a political correct society thanks to a loony labour Mr & Mrs Right's who give all sorts of powers to poofs ,Lesbians , Moslims.

Wow!

I may write tripe but you write nasty mince - each to his own. :rolleyes:

political correct, well what about letting two poofs get married suggest that two men having sex is acceptable.

Why does that annoy you ? Or even concern you ? It's none of your business, after all. And if civil marriages are okay for heterosexual people, why on earth shouldn't they be for homosexual people? Churches can stick to their dogma, but why stop people being happy ?

We have lesbians and poofs who can now adopt children.

Again, what's the problem ? What bearing does someone's sexual orientation have on their suitability as an adoptive parent ? None at all.

You have to be careful what you say to a Moslem or coloured person or you will find yourself charged with racism.

Quite right too, if what you say is racist. Are you saying you should be allowed to abuse people racially at will ?

People coming into our country are given housing fully furnished.

Yet we can't seem to help our own poor of which many sleep homeless.

Are you referring to asylum seekers ? If so, this simply is not true. If asylum seekers are homeless, local authorities are obliged by law to house them as they are any other homeless person. As far as benefits go, how about a few facts instead of mindless Daily Mail prejudice : people seeking asylum in the UK have fewer rights and are entitled to less support from the state than UK citizens. For example, asylum seekers are not allowed to work and are expected to live on 70% of the poverty level set for everyone else. Imagine trying to live on 70% of £44.50 a week, the rate for 18 to 25 year olds – just £31.15.

I'm very much afraid that your bigotry is showing, Ian. Your attitude stinks.

Why does that annoy you ? Or even concern you ? It's none of your business, after all. And if civil marriages are okay for heterosexual people, why on earth shouldn't they be for homosexual people? Churches can stick to their dogma, but why stop people being happy ?

Because it is the most unnatural thing on earth is men having sex together.

However Bill if it is kept away from me then I have no problem
but it's not. It is put into our faces every other day on Tv from soaps to Tv reality shows. Scottish television has a programme every Friday called "what's On"Where a wee poof even tells lots of not funny gay jokes and this is at 9pm when many children are watching. We see men kissing passionately on Tv also.

You might find this acceptable I do not. We do not always have control over what children watch.

The labour party has a lot to answer for.

Because it is the most unnatural thing on earth is men having sex together.

Utter rubbish. Homosexuality exists in every species on the planet. And even if it was "unnatural", why the hell should it bother you ?

It is put into our faces every other day on Tv from soaps to Tv reality shows.

What on earth are you talking about ? Exactly what is "put into our faces" ?

Scottish television has a programme every Friday called "what's On"Where a wee poof even tells lots of not funny gay jokes and this is at 9pm when many children are watching. We see men kissing passionately on Tv also.

You might find this acceptable I do not. We do not always have control over what children watch.

You've not mentioned the fact that we see people being violently killed on TV every day too. The average James Bond film portrays dozens of murders. Presumably this doesn't bother you. I'd far rather see or let my children see people loving each other than butchering each other. And if a child sees a man kissing another man, what of it ? Reports in the news today have featured a gay man who was brutally murdered on Clapham Common in an appalling homophobic assault. Attitudes like yours simply allow this sort of atrocity to take place. I say again, your attitude stinks.

The labour party has a lot to answer for.

200662[/snapback]

You are having a laugh, aren't you ?