Top 5 Vexing Seasonal Things

Bill Lees

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Im doing Journalism  :lol:

213821[/snapback]

Here's a point Hollz.....when you do become an official journo....will you do a Stu..and not reveal your latest gossip to the folks on here?

Don't let the Big lights go to your head....Stu will be the next Bill Leckie..or Chick Young. <_<:P

Here's a point Hollz.....when you do become an official journo....will you do a Stu..and not reveal your latest gossip to the folks on here?

Don't let the Big lights go to your head....Stu will be the next Bill Leckie..or Chick Young. <_<  :P

213825[/snapback]

If it's gossip worth sharning then yes, I wanna be a sports journo obviously but Id quite like to do radio/tv, but we shall see how it all goes in the next few years :wink:

Honestly some people buy thier wee bit of paradise then ruin it by fighting with thier neighbours in the name of standing up for themselves , overreacting to the slightest noise or percieved slight towards them ( car parking anyone ?).

213573[/snapback]

I had one of those,and it wasn't even my fecking neighbour.

I was brought up in Foxbar,and on occasion I take a drive though the area for nostalgia.

I was parked in Waverley Road when it became clear that I'd inadvertently taken the parking space 'belonging' to a resident.

This car draws up behind me with a middle aged woman and her teenage daughter in it. In my mirror,I can see words being exchanged between them to accompany the daggers they were drawing me.

When their door finally swung open I could hear the daughter say, '...but you've bought it :angry:'.

This girl was clearly under the impression that when you buy your council house you also take possession of the entire street outside too,and that they would have been well within their rights to tell me to feck off. :huh: Even stranger,it looked as though her maw was thinking about it.

It must be a territorial,animal behaviour kind of thing.

Also,people who press the green man button without first checking to see if they'd be able to cross without stopping the flow of traffic for no flipping reason.

Even worse,people who press the green man button when they've no fecking intention of crossing. i.e. they press it just for the hell of it when they just happen to be passing by.

On cutting corners.

I don't mind the people who cut corners when they haven't seen a car coming out of the junction.

I mean, I do mind. It's still,daft,lazy dangerous and everything else to gamble and presume that there won't be oncoming traffic,but it pales into insignificance compared to people who do observe a car coming out of the junction,but still fecking cut the corner anyway. :blink:

What's that all about?

It's similar to the days when you could drive down the High Street and turn left onto Moss Street. That used to be a great corner for jaywalkers. The ones who walk in front of traffic without looking where they're going might be a bit careless,but the feckers who see you coming,and still walk out ? :blink: FFS.

If it's gossip worth sharning then yes, I wanna be a sports journo obviously but Id quite like to do radio/tv, but we shall see how it all goes in the next few years  :wink:

213828[/snapback]

Of to a good start Hollz.....with your mention on Football first.Don't think Stu's been quoted on TV yet. :P

Not particularly seasonal, but would anybody else welcome a supermarket checkout lane marked "I DON'T have a feckin' loyalty card, I DON'T want any cash back, and I DON'T want any feckin' computer vouchers for schools - I just want to pay for my shopping as quickly as possible and get the feck out of here."

Of course, you'd need quite a big sign :rolleyes:

Not particularly seasonal, but would anybody else welcome a supermarket checkout lane marked "I DON'T have a feckin' loyalty card, I DON'T want any cash back, and I DON'T want any feckin' computer vouchers for schools - I just want to pay for my shopping as quickly as possible and get the feck out of here."

Of course, you'd need quite a big sign    :rolleyes:

214556[/snapback]

Post us up the computer vouchers for the brats' school, matey..............

the feckers who see you coming,and still walk out:blink: FFS.

214458[/snapback]

I was doing that going up Love Street last week, after the game. It used to be common practice.

But there are some drivers now believe they have a right to drive down that Street when the fitba is decanting us fans.

I was just macho enough to pretend a wee bit that I widnae shift out of the way, :angry:

but I'm afraid I did bottle it... :unsure:

A couple of things that vex me:

The people who can be seen buying a months supply of food on xmas or new years eve seemingly oblvious to the fact that the main shops are only shut for 1 day and that there is a high chance their local mini market will be open all the time anyway.

People who abandon their heavily filled trolleys or baskets in the middle of the aisles and leave the shop as it's too busy probably because of the people above.

Also, any time of the year, I get cheesed off with people holding up queues in supermarkets with trolleys full of pet food!!!!!

I was just macho enough to pretend a wee bit that I widnae shift out of the way,  :angry:

but I'm afraid I did bottle it... :unsure:

214565[/snapback]

I forgot about that. You're clearly not a Chav then.

That's quite a comon Ned trait,where they're far too hard,tough and cool to walk any faster when a car appears on the scene while they're crossing the road.

Ooooh, how impressive,monkey features. :rolleyes:

Of course,in the States, the laws are the other way round. It's quite acceptable to walk in front of traffic in certain situations.

I thought that was weird when I first saw people doing it but,once you get the hang of it,it's great. :)

Now I'm a Christmas loving dude!

The Music - Love It - Even tunes live Mud's Elvis tribute "It'll Be Lonely This Christmas".

Shopping - Done mine (with one significant exception) and Mrs. BtB likes wrapping so that's covered (sic).

The Crowds - One advantage of working odd hours is the time off, Tues-Fri this week, which means I can avoid 'em.

I do have three items to throw in the pot -

1. Cliff Richards -'nuff said I think!

2. Mince Pies - They're not made of bloody mince!!

3. It's A Wonderful Life - It's A Terrible Fillum. Just give him a push Clarence!!!

I reserve the right to return to Item 3 later in the festive period.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Drivers trying to make a right turn off a main drag, who, by positioning their vehicle at just a slight angle in the road as they wait for oncoming traffic to clear, manage - just by doing this - to obstruct all of the traffic behind them, so that they can't get past the right-turning driver on the inside, resulting in a massive back-up of traffic - all caused by one idiot. If they kept their vehicle straight, this problem could be easily avoided, but that's too feckin difficult for these eejits. It must be said, I feel, that women drivers do seem invariably to be guilty of this. :huh:

Drivers trying to make a right turn off a main drag, who, by positioning their vehicle at just a slight angle in the road as they wait for oncoming traffic to clear, manage - just by doing this - to obstruct all of the traffic behind them, so that they can't get past the right-turning driver on the inside, resulting in a massive back-up of traffic - all caused by one idiot.  If they kept their vehicle straight, this problem could be easily avoided, but that's too feckin difficult for these eejits.  It must be said, I feel, that women drivers do seem invariably to be guilty of this.  :huh:

215108[/snapback]

Im not the best parker in thr world when it comes to driving, and so today I went into the paisley centre car pack and parked in a space at a slight angle and didnt have time to try and straight out as I was in a rush, but it would of been easy enought for cars at either side to get out no problemo and myself.

On returning to my car some buggar had put a postit on my window saying, try to use one space next time or something. Was bloody ragin.

Drivers trying to make a right turn off a main drag, who, by positioning their vehicle at just a slight angle in the road as they wait for oncoming traffic to clear, manage - just by doing this - to obstruct all of the traffic behind them, so that they can't get past the right-turning driver on the inside, resulting in a massive back-up of traffic - all caused by one idiot.  If they kept their vehicle straight, this problem could be easily avoided, but that's too feckin difficult for these eejits.  It must be said, I feel, that women drivers do seem invariably to be guilty of this.  :huh:

215108[/snapback]

Im not the best parker in thr world when it comes to driving, and so today I went into the paisley centre car pack and parked in a space at a slight angle and didnt have time to try and straight out as I was in a rush, but it would of been easy enought for cars at either side to get out no problemo and myself.

On returning to my car some buggar had put a postit on my window saying, try to use one space next time or something. Was bloody ragin.

215208[/snapback]

How festive...............

PCCP is a joke space wise, check the paint marks at the turns, still doesn't excuse you for taking up two spaces, sonnyess....................

How festive...............

PCCP is a joke space wise, check the paint marks at the turns, still doesn't excuse you for taking up two spaces, sonnyess....................

215228[/snapback]

My car was withing the lines ok some of it was on the line but still :o

• 2 weeks later...

1. Drivers at roundabouts who think they are not allowed to move until they have given way to something coming from the right and will sit there all day until something comes along.

2. Drivers who indicate right when they are going straight on at roundabouts. Dickheads.

3. 4WD drivers - particularly wimmin - who can't control it and are incapable of parking properly.

4. The wee multi-storey carpark at the Sainsburys end of Braehead where they play sh!te Christmas music ALL the time.

5. The new road into Braehead from Renfrew Ferry. Aboot a hunner sets of traffic lights which turn to red at random for no apparent reason.

Merry Christmas everybody :cheers

I have loads of pet hates, but one in particularly at the moment -

The eejits in the council who decided to install a set of traffic lights at the bottom of Lacy Street on Glasgow Road. I can understand the need for a pedestrian crossing, given the fact there are three schools nearby, but what is the reason for stopping the traffic on glasgow road to allow the usual dribble of cars from lacy street into glasgow road? Other than at 8.45 - 9 am and 2.45 - 3 pm, that street is never busy! The result has been major congestion, and an increase in time for me getting onto the motorway from my house from 5 minutes to about 12.

Idiots.

I agree with most of the pet hates above but the one that is bothering me at the moment is workmen who dig up a new footpath/road just months after it was laid. Surely all the agencies involved could get themselves co-ordinated ?

This simply cannot be the best way to spend the taxpayers hardearned. <_<

4. The wee multi-storey carpark at the Sainsburys end of Braehead where they play sh!te Christmas music ALL the time.

Merry Christmas everybody  :cheers

218179[/snapback]

All the carparks in Braehead have synchronised music, as I used too always park in the above, but since going back to M+S been using the under ground one next to it - and I found the same, whenever I get out my car it's always playing the Beatles, must just of been recently it reverted to xmas tunes, but come January we will be back too 'Let it be' + 'Hey Jude.'