Could Not Open Search Page

Hollz

I was on the other day, posting away when suddently my internet connection died. Annoyed, I thought it might be a fault with BT as had happened a few weeks previous due to the wind, but after two days it still was connecting but woulnd't connect to any website or MSN.

So today as I really needed to go online, I re-formatted my pc. Have re-installed everything and my broadband connection. However, the only site it is letting me on is this one, although it did initially let me check my hotmail. Now if Im typing anything URL in additional Windows, the message 'could not open search page' or just server could not be found and not opening the page.

Anybody know whats wrong and how I can fix it, Im on broadband and its annoying me.

I was on the other day, posting away when suddently my internet connection died. Annoyed, I thought it might be a fault with BT as had happened a few weeks previous due to the wind, but after two days it still was connecting but woulnd't connect to any website or MSN.

So today as I really needed to go online, I re-formatted my pc. Have re-installed everything and my broadband connection. However, the only site it is letting me on is this one, although it did initially let me check my hotmail. Now if Im typing anything URL in additional Windows, the message 'could not open search page' or just server could not be found and not opening the page.

Anybody know whats wrong and how I can fix it, Im on broadband and its annoying me.

213106[/snapback]

Try clearing your internet temporary files and cookies.Probably won't make a difference but sometimes if you have loads of these it can really slow down your PC.Click on tools,internet options and delete cookies/temp internet files.

Might work.Failing that you may want to check your internet settings with your ISP.

Nothing to do with cookies as I've just re-installed windows and this was the only page id been one. Had smilar problems in the past because I hadnt installed my network driver correctly. Alas, that was the problem - so now I have my ethernet connection and it seems okay. Cheers.

Nothing to do with cookies as I've just re-installed windows and this was the only page id been one. Had smilar problems in the past because I hadnt installed my network driver correctly. Alas, that was the problem - so now I have my ethernet connection and it seems okay. Cheers.

213121[/snapback]

Wummin and technology.Bit like oil and water. :P

Only kiddin Hollz.

No it seems to be a problem with my DNS - it's connecting but not if you know what I mean. In a few minutes I will lose the connection to this page, wonlt let me do hee haw and Im goign absolutely mad. How can I fix it?

So how you fix your DNS? Im with BT Broadband. Any help muchly appreciated.

Hollz try going into control panel....then select network and internet connections.Then select network connections.Check if the details on here are the same as provided by your ISP.If not amend them.Failing that try clicking on repair connection on options on left hand side.This will probably refresh your settings.

Worth a go mate.