Top 5 Sporting Venues You Have Visited

davidg

National Indoor Arena - here in Brum. Not a patch on Love Street, mind.

213640[/snapback]

Been there once, back in 2001...not too shabby.

My top 5 would be pretty disappointing, top 1 aside............

1. Love St

2. Hampden

3. Parkhead

4. Pride Park (Derby, not for a game tho, just a look)

5. Easter Road

Would the Royal Albert Hall count? :unsure:

1. Cairter's Corner, Love Street. circa 1959...

2. Wemberley. We always seemed to get a result, there. :)

3. The now-named Malvinas Stadium, Mendoza, Argentina. Wee Erchie scored in front of not a full house, but we won THAT one... :(

4. The new Hampden. I get a buzz when I get in there that the old place was too tired to offer.

5. A certain pitch at the Racecourse cos I got a hat-trick in my debut gemme furra new team.

Or The Cuillin, Glen Coe, Himalaya, Yosemite, the Dolomites. :)

14.  The new Hampden.  I get a buzz when I get in there that the old place was too tired to offer.

Or The Cuillin, Glen Coe, Himalaya, Yosemite, the Dolomites. :)

213750[/snapback]

Aaah ! I like the new Hampden, too, but nearly everybody I speak to in Scotland thinks it's too small, has no atmosphere, etc, etc, etc. I think it's every bit as good as - nay better than the old Hampden.

Nou Camp, Barcelona (just breathtaking in size)

St.James's Park, Newcastle (hairs on the back of your neck stand up when Newcastle run out to the music from 'Local Hero')

Tynecastle, Edinburgh (for a re-built stadium, it has atmosphere and the fans are right on top of the pitch)

Cappielow, Greenock (when the shed was terracing. Right up against the fence, what an atmosphere!)

Gayfield, Arbroath (just a proper, good old-fashioned, wee team's shitty stadium with loads of character and a pub just across the road!)

For the record, the new Hampden's shit. Doesn't matter where you're sitting, you're miles from the pitch.

And I've left Love Street out cos it's obvious that you can never beat your own stadium.

Edited by simon templar