Saints Picture

Hollz

As part of my college coursework I am producing a leaflet on the new St Mirren Stadium, to sell it to the supporters. However, I need high resolution pictures and ones taken off the web are apparently low resolution and they need to have a picture quality of around 300 - whatever that means. If anyone can help me I would be most grateful. The images I need are:-

St Mirren Badge

A trophy on it's own - Bells/Scottish/League

Blueprints of new stadium

Stewart Gilmour with a trophy

High profile players with a trophy

I think the images may need to have been taken directly from a digi cam, scanned or from a cd-rom, but they are being really strict on this. Any help mchly appreciated.

if the image is sourced from the internet its no use, as thats low resolutions, thats my problem. I need originals to either scan etc..or if someone had taken an image on their digi camera I could use. If i could source from the internet it would be no bother.

if the image is sourced from the internet its no use, as thats low resolutions, thats my problem. I need originals to either scan etc..or if someone had taken an image on their digi camera I could use. If i could source from the internet it would be no bother.

213782[/snapback]

Yeah...trying to think. I think that was prolly from the net. Pity I never kept the original I was sent years ago.

Ah well, worth a try.............

Hollz, its all about your DPI (dots per inch). This is a setting you can change on digi-cameras and 300 would certainly be a good hi-res setting. However any images on the internet are all 72dpi (i think) and not much good for anythng else. When scanning images in you can also choose which DPI you want to use.

Hope this helps. :)

Hollz, its all about your DPI (dots per inch). This is a setting you can change on digi-cameras and 300 would certainly be a good hi-res setting. However any images on the internet are all 72dpi (i think) and not much good for anythng else. When scanning images in you can also choose which DPI you want to use.

Hope this helps.  :)

213789[/snapback]

Yeahs that right, pics on the net are only 72, and thats why they need to be scanned or from a digi camera. But I dont have a digi camera any more, going to make this difficult for myself.

There might be some suitable pics in the new Saints calendar or the Airdrie program :)

Failing that, try contacting Nikon Saint/David Donnelly somehow. He takes the pictures for the official site and may still have the originals, which should be in the resolution you require :)

cheers

214573[/snapback]

holly try scran.ac.uk, it's an image database for edukational users, i think it's paisley based. but i dunno if it's free for students though.

"About Scran

Scran is part of the Scran Trust - a registered charity - whose aim is to provide educational access to digital materials representing our material culture and history.

The learning resource service hosts over 300,000 images, movies and sounds from museums, galleries, archives and the media. It can be used generically - as a substitute for clip art - or for particular learning applications.

So, if you need a picture of a tiger, Charlie Chaplin, Sean Connery, a Degas, a Dali, images of war or whaling, standing stones, a pint of beer, an integrated circuit, or line drawings of an acorn or an adrenal gland - to name a few - try Scran first.

In addition, the educational environment supports 3,000 learning Pathfinder Packs for your instant use; and there are tools such as Navigator, Stuff, Create and Albums to let you locate, keep, design and assemble your own learning resources.

A quick poster or worksheet is just a couple of clicks from any image and an instant printed page or mini website are equally easy to produce from a Pathfinder Pack."

dunno if that helps. had more of a look and it's mibbe pricey for an actual subscription.

Edited by chico