Haggis Hunt

chingford

It's that time of the year agan, the haggis-hunting season, when The Scotsman has webcams at various typical spots where the beasties might be seen.

The Haggis Hunt

There are prizes for spotting - some quite good.... you need to register to lodge a spot, though. Not hard, at all.

...and it helps to pass the boring time between Eminem's Maw's exclusives :rolleyes:

The Haggii are very visible when the camera's on them, no need to peer in shadows or corners... B)

• 5 years later...

Usually on this day/at this time of year I remind Buddies that the haggis hunting season is again open and that you can join in, courtesy of the Scotsman's haggis hunt website. And what do hunted-Haggii mean? They mean prizes!!!

I've been hunting assiduously for at least 7 years and never even won a bag of crisps... :(

here's the website

Enjoy. :(

Usually on this day/at this time of year I remind Buddies that the haggis hunting season is again open and that you can join in, courtesy of the Scotsman's haggis hunt website. And what do hunted-Haggii mean? They mean prizes!!!

I've been hunting assiduously for at least 7 years and never even won a bag of crisps... sad.png

here's the website

Enjoy. sad.png

I spotted two haggii in Marks and Spencers this morning. They're in my fridge now and I'm looking forward to getting my gnashers round them tonight.

I’m offshore in Brazil at the moment and was doing the freezer inventory and came across a case of haggis. The will go down a treat with the Brits on here. Don’t have turnip so we will need to settle with roasted pumpkin and mash tatties. No alcohol aloud out here or I would make a fine smokie Islay sauce.

On the box of the haggis it reads reared in Scotland

• 11 months later...

Whatever happened to that Chingford fella anyhoo?

Having been made redundant this very day I am sure I will have plenty time for keeping an eye on these webcams for the pesky creatures - I quite fancy being a landowner in Glencoe wood! king.gif

Hah!

A square fit o soggy Glen Coe! That's exactly the kinda prize I'd pick up.

Sorry to hear of the redundancy. Bad times for it. It's happened to me in the past and I luckily thrived by having to find something else to do... and stumbling into good things.

Awrabest!

Thanks Bluto - It's been on the cards for a while and at least I wasn't singled out for it, just a bit sad that a wee Paisley company that's been on the go for over 60 years has ground to a halt - it went from a one man band to part of AOL Time Warner for a while and almost all the way back down again, but not really surprising as no one is likely to pay for advertising in a guide book when you can get so much of it on line for free nowadays. thumbdown.gif

Still, at least I'll get a nice wee holiday over Christmas. thumbup2.gif

• 1 year later...

As someBuddie bumped the snawbaw threid, I must bump this one.

The season's been open, of course, since nov 30.

I just thought I'd let it lie..., But it's better together.

Season closes, of course, on Jan 25.

Happy hunting! :)

Eta: here's a link to the cams.

http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/camera.cfm?camera=4

(You need to register to win prizes -though I've bee n fruitlessly doing it for umpteen years)

Standards have fallen. That link shows there's even haggis in Arbroath.

We've always known there are other puddins, there...

Edited by bluto

As someBuddie bumped the snawbaw threid, I must bump this one.

The season's been open, of course, since nov 30.

I just thought I'd let it lie..., But it's better together.

Season closes, of course, on Jan 25.

Happy hunting! smile.png

Eta: here's a link to the cams.

http://haggishunt.scotsman.com/camera.cfm?camera=4

(You need to register to win prizes -though I've bee n fruitlessly doing it for umpteen years)

Standards have fallen. That link shows there's even haggis in Arbroath.

We've always known there are other puddins, there...

Thank you Frank Carson......................whistling.gif