Eddie Gallagher

Gallagher (17 goals in 35 games) and Lavety were a great partnership. He (Gallagher) had a bust up with Jimmy Bone, possibly over a sending off as he always was a niggly bastard with a penchant for late tackles.

Left for a Hong Kong team, which, if I recall correctly, pretty much ended our season.

After that..............................

Edited by Bud the Baker

Gallagher (17 goals in 35 games) and Lavety were a great partnership. He (Gallagher) had a bust up with Jimmy Bone, possibly over a sending off as he always was a niggly bastard with a penchant for late tackles.

217284[/snapback]

I remember a horrible game down at Boghead with Eddie and Barry up front.

Eddie had banged in a hat trick and big Baz had missed half a dozen sitters as we destroyed Dumbarton.

3-0 up with ten miuntes left.

Final score - 3-3 !

Only St Mirren.......

Guest Eminems Mother

Eddie had banged in a hat trick and big Baz had missed half a dozen sitters as we destroyed Dumbarton.

Final score - 3-3 !

Only St Mirren.......

217312[/snapback]

I missed that game 'cause I was at some dickhead's wedding.... :ph34r:

Final score - 3-3 !

Only St Mirren.......

217312[/snapback]

I seem to recall a couple of games where that happened to us at Boghead

as you say m8 could only happen to st mirren

was never a happy hunting ground for us boghead. :(

Edited by paisleysaint

I remember the Bells Cup semi at Somerset when Eddie blatently punched what would have been a winner into the Ayr net in front of the away fans.  :D

That was chopped off but he came up with the goods later on to send us thru  B)

217315[/snapback]

I also remember the next game at Somerset,when Ayr were blatently out to get him,culminating in Eddie eventually being stretchered off with a serious injury.

The shower of f*cks were still greeting about the fact that Eddie should have been sent of for his basketball goal, i.e. he shouldn't have been on the park when he scored the real winner.

The only problem with that is that punching the ball into the net isn't an offence that you can actually be sent off for.

Stick to howking totties,lads.

I'd love to know the real reason why Bone let him go. I hope it was a good one because Gallagher had a dynamite partnership with Basher at the time. Yet,Bone's comments made Eddie sound disposable and Bone talked of the great kids we had to replace him.

It was Alex Bone he was talking about...

I'd love to know the real reason why Bone let him go. I hope it was a good one because Gallagher had a dynamite partnership with Basher at the time. Yet,Bone's comments made Eddie sound disposable and Bone talked of the great kids we had to replace him.

It was Alex Bone he was talking about...

217382[/snapback]

Nae nepotism there then <_<

The only problem with that is that punching the ball into the net isn't an offence that you can actually be sent off for. 

217382[/snapback]

Are you sure? Professional foul? Deliberate handball? Ungentlemanly conduct? I'm sure if a ref sent someone off for it he could justify it with any or all of those reasons.

Are you sure? Professional foul? Deliberate handball? Ungentlemanly conduct? I'm sure if a ref sent someone off for it he could justify it with any or all of those reasons.

217580[/snapback]

I've always felt that if a defender can be sent off for preventing, or attempting to prevent, a goal by deliberate handball, then an attacker should also be sent off for scoring or attempting to score, a goal by deliberate handball. But there is no law or rule to cover the situation. Probably at worst he'd be booked for "unsporting behaviour" - the new, PC description for ungentlemanly conduct :rolleyes:

Edited by Reidy1987

217580[/snapback]

I've thought about that as the the only way it could be justified,e.g. one booking for deliberate handball and another for unsporting behaviour. I would have thought it unlikely that you could pick up two separate bookings for one offence.

The only similar situation I can think of was when Kenny McDowall was sent off for sarcastically applauding the referee for giving him his first booking,but then,those were two very distinct offences.

Not for a second did I think that Gallagher was in danger of a red card that night,and I'd doubt that there were many people who did.

I've just never seen a precedent.

• 8 years later...