Malt Whiskies

Bill Lees

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been in that bar on Hope Street (Pot & Still) in the city centre ? It does a selection of around 300 malts.

They give you a menu to pick from, once you've decided they despatch a man up a ladder to find it from one of the umpteen shelves they've got festooned with the stuff.

Worth a visit just to gawp at the display. :D

An associate of mine has friends who moved to Germany a few years ago................

They come home every year and John, who's in the motor trade, gives them a loan of a car...............

He always gives them the car with the minimum of fuel in it.........

When it's returned the car is filled up and there's a malt for him in the glove compartment, it developed into a tradition.........

He received a bottle a few years back and indulged in a wee dino from it but was not too impressed and stuck it away............

He was watching a TV programme a few weeks back and witnessed a bottle being sold for over £7000 at auction...........

He thought it looked familiar and checked out the dust covered (open) bottle in his cupboard.....................

You can guess the rest................

I gave him a bottle of 12 yo Tobermory yesterday for fixing my motor..............

That's how I know this sad tale.......................

I f**ked with his mind................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...