Building Yer Own Website

EL NOMBRE

Thinking of building my own site.....won't be a saints one.....wouldn't be a lot of point as this and the official one are the main ones everyone uses.

The theme is still to be decided but I'm asking for any advice about hosting/costs etc as this is all new to me.I have a basic knowledge of HTML but not enough to construct a whole site from scratch.I did find this Web page the other day and it seems pretty straight forward to do....but I'm not sure about the kind of support you would recieve or if the host company are any good.

Any advice from those who already have their own sites would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Thinking of building my own site.....won't be a saints one.....wouldn't be a lot of point as this and the official one are the main ones everyone uses.

The theme is still to be decided but I'm asking for any advice about hosting/costs etc as this is all new to me.I have a basic knowledge of HTML but not enough to construct a whole  site from scratch.I did find this Web page the other day and it seems pretty straight forward to do....but I'm not sure about the kind of support you would recieve or if the host company are any good.

Any advice from those who already have their own sites would be most appreciated.

Cheers

219398[/snapback]

Where's WYD when you need him :rolleyes:

Depends on what experience etc - plenty of freebie WYSIWYG programs if you don't want to bother with HTML (altho a basic knowledge is useful). Try a google search for software.

Also depends how much you want to shell out - you can also get free webspace from yahoo/ geocites and others the only problem is the mile long URL but going to a redirect service (www.cjb.net) can solve that problem.