Top 5 Albums Of 2005

Kemp

1. Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

The electronic tchuchters have done it again! Excellent! More guitar influenced than their previous work but these brothers must be the best Scottish band around just now bar none!

2. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

This guy is trying to make an album inspired by every American state...this is number two!! He's got a long way to go but he can keep trying if he going to keep banging out tunes like this. Some of the stories are based on real people, places and events while others are blatant myth but all are utterly fascinating. His first album (Michigan) sounded a lot more rooted in Folk but this album varies between genres a lot more. If you like Stereolab, They might be giants, Devo etc then buy this!

3. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Critics would probably call it art-rock or something equally stupid but dont let that put you off. Some great tunes on this, big Talking Heads influence. Looking forward to seeing them live in a few months.

4. The Arcade Fire - Funeral

Excellent indie rock! And its from from Canada!

5. The Boy Least Likely to - Best Party Ever

nice, happy and funny tunes from a traditional indie pop band.

I also would recommend Sons and Daughters new album as well as Bloc Party, LCD Soundsytem and some of Antony and the Johnsons stuff (though not all, some is really quite pish i think!)

Anyone else got a top 5 of this years albums?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Boards of Canada - The Campfire Headphase

The electronic tchuchters have done it again!  Excellent!  More guitar influenced than their previous work but these brothers must be the best Scottish band around just now bar none!

2. Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

This guy is trying to make an album inspired by every American state...this is number two!!  He's got a long way to go but he can keep trying if he going to keep banging out tunes like this.  Some of the stories are based on real people, places and events while others are blatant myth but all are utterly fascinating.  His first album (Michigan) sounded a lot more rooted in Folk but this album varies between genres a lot more.  If you like Stereolab, They might be giants, Devo etc then buy this!

3. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah – Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Critics would probably call it art-rock or something equally stupid but dont let that put you off.  Some great tunes on this, big Talking Heads influence.  Looking forward to seeing them live in a few months.

4. The Arcade Fire - Funeral

Excellent indie rock! And its from from Canada!

5. The Boy Least Likely to - Best Party Ever

nice, happy and funny tunes from a traditional indie pop band. 

I also would recommend Sons and Daughters new album as well as Bloc Party, LCD Soundsytem and some of Antony and the Johnsons stuff (though not all, some is really quite pish i think!)

Anyone else got a top 5 of this years albums?

221522[/snapback]

Is that the top 5 albums that I've got that no-one has ever heard of?

:blink::lol: