Top 5 Most Memerable* St. Mirren Matches

jazza

OK then...

Here's the good ones...

1. Scottish Cup Final 1987

2. Scottish Cup Semi-Final 1987

3. 3-0 victory at Parkhead, 1990 I think?

4. 4-1 victory at Dundee United, 1988/89?

5. 2-1 victory at Ayr to clinch promotion, 2000

There's SO many more, but I'm sure this won't be my last post on the subject.

:wink:

Just thought, not a single one of them at Love Street! :o

OK, here's the bad ones...

Well, you did say most memorable, I'm giving you the good and the bad...

1. Hammarby. Don't need to say any more than that...

2. Losing 7-0 to Raith Rovers on the opening day of the season in 1992 when we had just been relegated.

3. Losing 6-0 at home to Hearts, 1988.

4. Losing 3-0 at home to Clydebank(remember them, Airdrie fans!?) when defending the Scottish Cup in 1988.

5. Losing a midweek cup replay 3-0 at Tynecastle in 1992, and getting cheated rotten.

:angry:

1. 2-1 win at Ayr to clinch promotion, 2000;

2. 4-2 win v Celtic when Ian Scanlon scored from the half way line, think it was about 1983;

3. 2-1 win v Hearts in Scottish Cup Semi-final, 1987;

4. 2-1 win at Raith in 2000 when we scored two in the last three minutes;

5. A 2-1 defeat to Rangers in the second leg of a League Cup semi-final in 1982, I think, when Rangers only won through a dodgy penalty, and one not given to us after Colin Jackson scythed down Lex Richardson in the box, plus countless other shocking decisions too numerous to mention. From that moment on, my hatred of all things Rangers and nearly al referees was borne.

1 scottish cup final 87

2 anglo scottish cup final 80 (i think)

3 bells cup final 06

4= any game when we beat sellik

4=any game we beat the ****

5 away game in mechelen 88 great couple days eh windae cleaner

224535[/snapback]

Canny remember was pished for two days :lol: No seriously i hope the young uns on here get the chance to follow the Buds into Europe. Oh happy days

Guest BBOPP3685

No one mentioned the Match against Morton in the cup when Yardley scored in extra time in G******k!

I DONT BELIEEEEEEEEEEEVE IT! Alot of people seem to like st mirren beating the old firm but what about the bloomin soap dodgers!!!

No one mentioned the Match against Morton in the cup when Yardley scored in extra time in G******k!

I DONT BELIEEEEEEEEEEEVE IT! Alot of people seem to like st mirren beating the old firm but what about the bloomin soap dodgers!!!

225023[/snapback]

Who really gives a f**k about beating Morton?

They are just another wee team, nothing more.

Always have been to us, always will be...

That's why we enjoy the victories over the old firm scum so much. They are the real enemy.

:wink:

225023[/snapback]

Beating M*rt*n is only an excuse to have a couple of extra pints.

Beating the **** + ***** is an excuse to have a couple of extra pints every night :cheers

Slavia Prague 3 nil

Hearts in the semi final in 87

3 nil at Parkhead

1 nil at Ibrox, the Mad Monk

2- 1 at Raith, when every Saints fan totally lost it - except those that'd left 5 mins early... :)

225074[/snapback]

I'd go for the first four for a defo, but the fifth is a flip of the coin between 1-1 away at East End Park when Turner was sent off, it looked like were going to lose and we ended up fighting back for a draw (I had to take a five minute breather after the goal celebrations I was going so mental) and the 1-0 victory over Falkirk when McKnight scored and Broonie got sent off. That was the day where winning the league became inevitable rather than a great chance.

Guest nag pro

1 motherwell 3-0

2 ayr 2-1 mcknight miss hit

3 livingston spin from mcgarry from throw in an bullet in top corner

4 livingston with mcgarrys lovely wee chip

5 4-4 falkirk

I see a few people voted for the 87 cup final. I ended up hating that day it seemed so false. 35000 people rooting for the buds that day about 1/10th could name you any Saints players apart from McGarvey. Surrounded with people going whos that, is that McGarvey. A guy beside me shouting at Campbell Money "Get your finger out Thomson" who was playing for Utd that day. In those days me and my mates followed the buds home and away every week are of the same opinion as me. Was it just us or anybody else feel the same. Any time St Mirren win is memorable for me.

Understand what you mean but it was such a great and historic occasion that I loved it. It was my first season going to away games (although really that meant a few trips to Glasgow and all the Scottish Cup matches).

I do recall that a few weeks earlier Saints beat United 2-1 at Love St. in front of a pretty paltry 2,500. I would've been there but was playing with the BB pipe band at the Caird Hall in Dundee that day. So that's my excuse. :lol:

Mind you, it did annoy me on Cup Final night all those that were asking me "when was the last time you went to a St. Mirren game?".

A guy I know was collared by someone saying "I bet you were at Ibrox last week!", Rangers having won their first league championship for nine years the week previous. "Certainly was", came the reply. "Aye, and ye ca' yersel a St. Murn supporter?" "I am. Rangers were at home to St. Mirren last week and I was in the away end".

Annoyed challenger was clamped. :lol:

I see a few people voted for the 87 cup final. I ended up hating that day it seemed so false. 35000 people rooting for the buds that day about 1/10th could name you any Saints players apart from McGarvey. Surrounded with people going whos that, is that McGarvey. A guy beside me shouting at Campbell Money "Get your finger out Thomson" who was playing for Utd that day. In those days me and my mates followed the buds home and away every week are of the same opinion as me. Was it just us or anybody else feel the same. Any time St Mirren win is memorable for me.

230888[/snapback]

Cup final was a bonus a lot of us never thought we'd ever see.............

Good to have in the memory bank/bragging rights and it's weird now that there's folk you talk to at games/in the pub/on the bus that were too young to remember it.............

Auldcúntitis.....................

Winning the leagues and being on a rollercoaster was much better..........

My first real memories of being at Love St are from 67, 77 was the best, but the last one had its moments.............

This season is good but it it's got something missing, I felt the crowd at the Bell's cup was too 'part-time' and where we ended up at the Motherwell game ( far east of the NB) had a subdued, plastic feeling.................

230888[/snapback]

I have to totally agree, which is why I went for the semi-final win in my top five, as it was only true buds that were there that day. After the final whistle in the cup final, it really took the edge of the day, watching so-called fans celebrating, when most of them not only didn't support st mirren but followed one of the old firm.