Ntl

The Sandman

I moved house on the 16th of last month..............

At my old abode I used NTL for phone, Simpsons and B&WA.......................

Prior to moving I checked my new postcode on their website to see if I could transfer my service...........

It stated that was fine.............

However, talking to folk (the Out-laws who are now my neighbours :angry: ), I found out that the street was not cabled..............

I called NTL on the 9th and this was confirmed, so I cancelled my account, all things ceasing on the 15th.............

Imagine my delight when I got a bill for £84 taking me into January............

I called them, got hit with 30 day notice pish, which I pointed out that I'd have given them if they had supplied the correct info on their website...........

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there were none available, but I would be contacted the next day............

No call has ever been received.............

Being the mellow chap you all know and love, I put it down to experience ( I forgot with all the other shit to do with this crappy house and my motor )..........

Yesterday, I received a bill for £74 taking me into February...............

I moved into the Apeshit Zone and called them, again I asked for a 'guvner' and again no reply...............

I managed to get through today, was given another number for 'Head Office' got passed from pillar to post for 45mins only to be cut off and then reconnected to the local call centre (Bombay) (that was a cheap attempt at humour), where a nice young maiden has assured me that her boss will call me tomorrow............

I'm well fúcked off with all this hassle, but if my relating this story puts off only one person from signing up with this shower of cowboys, I shall feel slightly better..........

Anyone I know on ntl also suffers from crappy internet connections and dreadful TV quality that's constantly freezing, turning green or has the sound out of synch with the picture! So much for modern technology!

Ntl is also likely to be owned by that nice Mr Branson soon so that's another reason to steer clear in my book!!

I moved house on the 16th of last month..............

At my old abode I used NTL for phone, Simpsons and B&WA.......................

Prior to moving I checked my new postcode on their website to see if I could transfer my service...........

It stated that was fine.............

However, talking to folk (the Out-laws who are now my neighbours :angry: ), I found out that the street was not cabled..............

I called NTL on the 9th and this was confirmed, so I cancelled my account, all things ceasing on the 15th.............

Imagine my delight when I got a bill for £84 taking me into January............

I called them, got hit with 30 day notice pish, which I pointed out that I'd have given them if they had supplied the correct info on their website...........

I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that there were none available, but I would be contacted the next day............

No call has ever been received.............

Being the mellow chap you all know and love, I put it down to experience ( I forgot with all the other shit to do with this crappy house and my motor )..........

Yesterday, I received a bill for £74 taking me into February...............

I moved into the Apeshit Zone and called them, again I asked for a 'guvner' and again no reply...............

I managed to get through today, was given another number for 'Head Office' got passed from pillar to post for 45mins only to be cut off and then reconnected to the local call centre (Bombay) (that was a cheap attempt at humour), where a nice young maiden has assured me that her boss will call me tomorrow............

I'm well fúcked off with all this hassle, but if my relating this story puts off only one person from signing up with this shower of cowboys, I shall feel slightly better..........

232719[/snapback]

Yer Billed in advance for Ntl Bill.....they do state that at the start of your contract however it is in very small print.This causes no end of problems as people think they are being done all the time.Have pointed this out to them.....but no-one seems to care to much about it.They just blame it on integrating their their new Billing system! <_<

But this would have been cancelled a month earlier if their website wasn't talking pish, I think this was the point he was making.

232944[/snapback]

I got his point David....and agree with it.All I'm saying is that a lot of folk don't realise they are billed in advance.It causes loads of problems.The whole set-up is a shambles tbh.From their website to their customer service.That's why I chucked working for them.Got sick of apologising for a crap way of doing things.....mainly because I agreed with most of the people who phoned up.Thay had legitimate complaints and were forever being fobbed off with some excuse or another.

The main culprit is the sales dept.....who will promise you anything to get you to take out a contract....but fail to inform the call centres of the deal promised...so joe public phones up and kicks off because he isn't getting the deal he was promised....and the call centre folk have no idea what the Sales Dept have promised them.Shambles!

I wasn't too chuffed with them either - seemed that every second month you got a letter expalining that charges were going up again and you weren't getting anything extra for it - back in October we had decided to get BT back in and go with Sky Digital - had it all set up, installation date and everything - when i phoned NTL to cancel they insisted I couldn't do it then and there - I'd have to phone the 'cancellations department' on a separate number - only open 9am to 5pm.

When I phoned on the monday - absolutely determined that it didn't matter what they said I was cancelling - they gave me all the usual patter ---blah blah...good customer...pays by direct debit....been with us for five years....don't want to loose you....what about a discount...

By the end of the conversation I had a total credit on my bill of £297, £132 of this is a monthly £11 credit for the next 12 months, effectivley tying me to them till the start of november next year, but the balance was credited right away meaning I've had tv, fone and B&W free for the last three months.

Rest assured - this has still not changed my decision to leave, its just going to take a little longer!

Just thought I'd add my tuppence worth here to see if anyone else would like to try their luck - especially if they are thinking in transferring anyway, then if it doesn't work you haven't lost anything.

If any money is coming off your bank account, simply instruct your bank not to pay any more money to the cocks. If this then causes problems, they will certainly contact you.

.....or write to 'Watchdog'

:P

233676[/snapback]

<_<

But the first thing they do is refer it to Credit Control(Who automatically pass ye on as a default) and then address the problem in hand!

Bye Bye Credit Status! :angry: