Top Five

Bill Lees

1. Brimful of Asha - Corner Shop.

2. Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum.

3. Turning Japanese - The Vapors.

4. The Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades) - Timbuk 3.

5. Mary's Prayer - Danny Wilson.

All of these tunes make me smile as soon as I hear them. :D

Edited by Bill Lees

236165[/snapback]

Fascinating fact - this song has made number one 3 times by 3 different groups / artistes all of whom are one-hit-wonders - Norman G, Dr & the Medics, and Gareth Gates & The Kumars.

Ok. maybe not fascinating, but a fact none the less. :rolleyes:

1- Steppenwolf- Born To Be Wild

2- Blue Oyster Cult - (Don't Fear) The Reaper

3- Boston- More Than A Feeling

4- Ugly Kid Joe- Everything About You

5- Survivor- Eye of The Tiger B)

I do know some of these bands did have more albums and songs but these are their most famous songs. :)

236165[/snapback]

Danny Wilson had a few hits (The Second Summer of Love, Never Gonna Be the Same) but were a cracking wee band.

3- Crash Test Dummies - Mmm Mmm

236177[/snapback]

They also had a hits with Afternoons & Coffee Spoons and a cover version of XTC's The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead.

Incidentally, "one hit wonder" means a song that got to number one and the artist never had another hit single.

In this respect, guys, you're both wrong. You can thank me later. :lol:

That site's a bag of shite..............

The wonderful R Dean Taylor had more than 1 hit.............

236476[/snapback]

Correct, a big bag of shite. Indiana Wants Me, I Gotta See Jane, etc. I think RDT was the only white artiste on the Tamla Motown label, but the least said about that the better in case we wake Lochwinnoch Saint up about some racial or religious prejudice theme.

Mountain are at Number 41 - a group with an enormous catalogue (Leslie West & Corky Laing). Nantucket Sleighride was the theme tune to an ITV Sunday lunchtime show for years back in the 1970s. This site has no credibility at all.

Correct, a big bag of shite. Indiana Wants Me, I Gotta See Jane, etc. I think RDT was the only white artiste on the Tamla Motown label, but the least said about that the better in case we wake Lochwinnoch Saint up about some racial or religious prejudice theme.

Mountain are at Number 41 - a group with an enormous catalogue (Leslie West & Corky Laing). Nantucket Sleighride was the theme tune to an ITV Sunday lunchtime show for years back in the 1970s. This site has no credibility at all.

236523[/snapback]

I knew that but never really thought about it............

It sort of makes him the 'Mo Johnson/John Spencer' of Motown........................

Edited by BongoVonBudvar

236523[/snapback]

Soft Cell, Gary Numan & Big Country had loads of hits between them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Couchy
My Favourite Waste of Time - by Weegie Owen Paul.

Black Velvet - early 1990's by some black perm haired American burd? Alannah Myles, Song Reached Number 2 IN March 1990  :wink:  (Rumoured to be shagging Robert Plant)

Rush Hour - Jane Wielden

I love you smile - can' remember girl singing it bus was out around 1993/4 Shanice, Again this reached Number 2 BUT this was in Feb 1992 :wink:

244131[/snapback]

1. Brimful of Asha - Corner Shop.

3. Turning Japanese - The Vapors.

4. The Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades) - Timbuk 3.

All of these tunes make me smile as soon as I hear them.  :D

236165[/snapback]

Bill,

Number 1 - Had 2 other hits which made it into the top 40 Sleep On The Left Side (1998) & Lessons learnt from Rocky (2002)

Guest wydisanob

Not one of mine... I always use to like Chesney :P BUT cant believe no one has mentioned....

The Firm - Star Trekkin :lol:

no one mentioned it because it was crap but then you would have liked it :ph34r: