Laptop

Hollz

Im thinking of buying a laptop as I currently don't have one, and it'll mean more flexibility when I'm writing. I want one which is high performance, main uses will be the internet, microsoft office and perhaps champ <_< but has anyone got any suggestions of a good reasonable buy, not wanting to spend a fortune but I would like extra good value for money.

Any help appreciated buds :)

Some good buys on there I feel, as long as it runs fast and can connect to wireless internet

236235[/snapback]

at they prices it wont be wireless plus the memory wont be that much, look on comet on line if you buy on line its slightly cheaper,you want one with good memory i have a FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO great laptop but not to cheap, good luck

Don’t think I could manage to get to your pub and back home in time for work the next day.

236119[/snapback]

at they prices it wont be wireless plus the memory wont be that much, look on comet on line if you buy on line its slightly cheaper,you want one with good memory i have a FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO great laptop but not to cheap, good luck

236253[/snapback]

yeah realisitcally it need to 40mb and have the capabilities to be wireless, saw a really good one on dell last night, 100 gb high processing - the fully monty for around £800, and their are several payment options available which is good.

• 2 weeks later...
yeah realisitcally it need to 40mb and have the capabilities to be wireless, saw a really good one on dell last night, 100 gb high processing - the fully monty for around £800, and their are several payment options available which is good.

236272[/snapback]

for £800 the memory should be at least 80gb, thats what mine is and mine was £700, old saying, you get what you pay for

I got a Dell Inspiron 6000 on Friday...I'm typing this on it right now.

No complaints so far.

240516[/snapback]

That's what I got too Tom, built in wi-fi receiver so need for a card version. Very handy sitting around airports etc where there's a wi-fi zone.

Using a Linksys wireless system at home too, connected to the broadband modem I can now surf away in any room, anytime. Pure magic.