Old Grammarians

aber 87

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feck me - isn't that R.Y. Corbett, renowned sadistic bastard and part-time Rector of Paisley Grammar School ?

(I was there 1974 - 1977. The man was a tyrant. I frequently sought comfort in the gigantic bosoms of Miss Patterson).

He was an evil swine, wasn't he. He became the Grammar's rector at the start of term in 1966 which was when I started in Secondary 1. Even the staff despised him. Miss Paterson (a.k.a. Titsy), on the other hand, was a big Hattie Jacques-esque gem of a woman.

My time was slightly prior to that.

Jimmy Dinning (History)

Mr McAmley (English)

Mr Campbell (Teuchter English teacher - really liked this guy).

Fanny Calvert.

Mr Caldow (Chemistry).

Miss MacIntosh (French).

Funny how you remember all these names years later ....... :blink:

Mr. Campbell ( Teuchter English teacher ) always going on about yanks bombing Holy Loch. CND supporter. In my whole time there he always wore a bandage on his left wrist and it wasnt a fashion statement.

Joe Gilroy PE hated getting beat when he joined in sports esp` Football and always made sure he picked the teams. Tosser

I GOOGLED AND THE ONLY PAISLEY MARGARET CARMICHAEL I FOUND WERE THESE.

IS EITHER ONE, THE SCARY-HAIR WUMMIN?

(Ooops wi the CAPS... :( )

EVIL :fire

Yes the one on the right. Thats put me off my dinner. I hated her with passion, and she wasn't too fond of me either. :angry:

Edited by buddieboy

Fanny Allan & Mrs Carmichael both previously taught at the Neilson..............

Fanny Allan was a stressed out hippie type.............

Mrs C's son was in my class, a rollypolly ruddy faced dweeb that turned into a military minded lunatic in the space of a summer...................

He is probably now in the employ of a dubious African state and in charge of a motley crew of cut throats...........................

i went to gleniffer high from aug 1990 to june 95 we had a reject headmaster from the paisley grammar he was a head of some sort he was a f**king knob called roddy gardener

Roddy Gardner was a prefect at the Grammar in 1966 when I was in first year. Presumably he must have returned there as a teacher after I had moved on. If I remember correctly he has a twin brother.

yeah he had a twin brother. But he was such a knob who used attack any wrong doing when drug dealing used to go on in the school under his nose saying that his car used to get it's tyres slashed and paint work scratched he used to park his car under the school he not long retired

Anybody go to Ralston Primary?

We turned up tae play them at Fitba ( I was in the now defunct Amochrie Primary ),and they were aw standing there in blazers and short troosers.All us wee Foxbar scruffs in Parkas were rolling about the place doing the dying fly. :lol::lol::lol:

See the Brabloch Wullie....the housing estate is STILL not finished.Bit like the service in the Hotel....as slow as feck. :lol:

I heard a wee story that the building nearest the Renfrew Rd will be coming back down :o

i went to feegie pr 73-78 in mckenzie st school got knocked doon 78-80 went to the old john neilson (1 with dome) it got turned into feegie pr while new one was built aw the memories o gettin the belt for going on the "slopes" then on to merksworth til 85 noo thats fcuking been pulled doon no hud luck with schools eh