Old Grammarians

aber 87

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the only one that went ot both Castlehead (1971 -3) and the Grammar (1973 - 6)?

I was at Castlehead the first year it opened and the facilities were brilliant. There was even some talk of putting in a ski slope. I don't know if that ever happened.

As regards Grammar teachers Frau U'Pricherd was absolutely brilliant. She gave me a book in German when I left that I still have today. I remember Miss Paterson for the obvious reasons and MiniMac who I always quite liked. Everyone is right about Corbett though. His daughter was inmy year and she always seemed pretty unhappy. It seemed really wrong that if you were going to behave the way he did at a school that you should let your daughter be a pupil.

Spaz Campbell was great. In my day everyone believed he had played for Partick Thistle. Does anyone know if that was true?

Right ya shower of uncultured vagabonds, how about a footie tournament in the summer made up of teams of ex-pupils. Just to see who the real butty-boys are. :P

NSS can play keepy uppies with himself in the corner.

Mon the Grammar FP!!! :D