Old Grammarians

aber 87

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Grammadians and JN Institutionalised were all madly rich, fee-paying, middle class wankers!

No matter what you load of wanna-no-be's claim, only us in the Auld Camphill were the genuine dregs of society - dragged up by our boot-laces... except nane o us could afford the boots, let alone double-laces...

I was personally dragged up by the singular bootlace. :(

It was in my Elvis phase - and the lace made for a passable tie, draped round the neck of my corduroy liberty bodice. :)

Edited by chingford

Old Grammadians and JN Institutionalised were all madly rich, fee-paying, middle class wankers!

No matter what you load of wanna-no-be's claim, only us in the Auld Camphill were the genuine dregs of society - dragged up by our boot-laces... except nane o us could afford the boots, let alone double-laces...

It was in my Elvis phase - and the lace made for a passable tie, draped round the neck of my corduroy liberty bodice. :)

Chingford, the inventor of the bald quiff.........................

<python>Luxury!</python>

:D

Yes Ching.Camphill ya Bass. :double:double

Not unlike a few of us in the now defunct Sacred Heart. :ph34r:

post-74-1142544358.jpg

:o:o:blink::o:ph34r::unsure:

Feck me - isn't that R.Y. Corbett, renowned sadistic bastard and part-time Rector of Paisley Grammar School ?

(I was there 1974 - 1977. The man was a tyrant. I frequently sought comfort in the gigantic bosoms of Miss Patterson).

I frequently sought comfort in the gigantic bosoms of Miss Patterson).

:lol:

They were absolutely huge! :o I remember she used to turn round from the blackboard with two chalk circles on her paps :lol:

That picture of Old Bob scared me witless. Bad memories of being knuckled over the heid till a lump the size of K2 appeared. The man was a lunatic. :angry:

No no no Tom. Had the sentence started "Bongo and I, " then you would have been correct.

However, as the sentence was "Namely, Bongo and me", this is correct.

After all, one would be unlikely to say "namely I" would one?

I blame the erse o' the bank. :D

You are correct- bravo!

I is used for the subject of the sentence, me as the object.

Plainly an old Grammarian :rolleyes:

What bloody age was Miss Patterson when you were there Herbie as she was my teacher too. In your time she must have been some age. Someone tried to shoot her with an air gun just below her left nipple and proceeded to knee- cap her*

* Jesting

Aye, she was getting on a bit. May even have retired while I was there.

I was there from 1984-1989.

Other "teachers" I recall were:

Fat Mel Haggerty - "If you don't play rugger you're scum". I had a run in with him as I made a formal complaint about him having *** posters on his classroom wall. :angry:

Fanny Allan the art teacher. (Our class once upset her so much she ran away sobbing into the materials cupboard and hid there till the bell went.)

Mrs Carmichael (another ancient art teacher. She reported our entire class to Old Bob when we ALL made Millwall bricks out of rolled up newspapers, when we were supposed to be making papier mache sculptures) :lol:

The delectable Miss McCallum (Home Economics) - Every teenage boy's wet dream. :wub:

Aaaaah, them were the days....... :D

Mel Haggerty remember him , strange man with eyebrows like hedges. Fanny Allen yes.

Jimmy Dunbar History teacher asked me in first day in Grammar what i thought of History as subject ? I told him unless i wanted to be a history teacher it was a waste of time. Belted a.m. first day in secondary.

HOME ECONOMICS what subject was that ? 1976 - 1981 not remembered

Aye, she was getting on a bit. May even have retired while I was there.

I was there from 1984-1989.

Other "teachers" I recall were:

Fat Mel Haggerty - "If you don't play rugger you're scum". I had a run in with him as I made a formal complaint about him having *** posters on his classroom wall. :angry:

Fanny Allan the art teacher. (Our class once upset her so much she ran away sobbing into the materials cupboard and hid there till the bell went.)

Mrs Carmichael (another ancient art teacher. She reported our entire class to Old Bob when we ALL made Millwall bricks out of rolled up newspapers, when we were supposed to be making papier mache sculptures) :lol:

The delectable Miss McCallum (Home Economics) - Every teenage boy's wet dream. :wub:

Aaaaah, them were the days....... :D

Haggy has just retired...

Miss McCallum got married and is now divorced again

Mrs Carmichael had scary hair and left when I ws at school

Indeed it is that despot Corbett. Ruled the school through fear. Crap at giving the belt.

And he never did find out who were throwing eggs from the top floor during assembly.

I seem to remember that two jokers tried to sell the school by posting a classified ad in the Paisley Daily Express - "Substantial sandstone residence on Glasgow Road, all mod cons, etc etc..." and gave RYC's office number as the the contact. Needless to say, he was not amused at this merry jape and threatened them with expulsion. never did find out what their fate was.

Mel Haggerty remember him , strange man with eyebrows like hedges. Fanny Allen yes.

Jimmy Dunbar History teacher asked me in first day in Grammar what i thought of History as subject ? I told him unless i wanted to be a history teacher it was a waste of time. Belted a.m. first day in secondary.

HOME ECONOMICS what subject was that ? 1976 - 1981 not remembered

My time was slightly prior to that.

Jimmy Dinning (History)

Mr McAmley (English)

Mr Campbell (Teuchter English teacher - really liked this guy).

Fanny Calvert.

Mr Caldow (Chemistry).

Miss MacIntosh (French).

Funny how you remember all these names years later ....... :blink: