Old Grammarians

aber 87

i went to feegie pr 73-78 in mckenzie st school got knocked doon 78-80 went to the old john neilson (1 with dome) it got turned into feegie pr while new one was built aw the memories o gettin the belt for going on the "slopes" then on to merksworth til 85 noo thats fcuking been pulled doon no hud luck with schools eh

You and me baith Big Fella, I think we should go oot and get pished :P

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill - Mr Caldow (Chemistry) and Mr McCamley (English) were still there when I was in the school - Caldow retired when I was in 2nd Year (1984??) and McCamley (right laddie) was still there when I left (1989?) - I still see him around the town, especially near the Neilston Road esd - still wearing his corderoys, and that jacket with the patches on the elbows.

Ching - the Mrs Carmichael refered to earlier is not the one in the picture - she had scarier hair and it was grey - the Mrs carmichael in the pic was younger and was a history(?) teacher. The original Mrs Carmichael was in the art dept and was of a very nervous disposition!

Wilbur - Roddy Gardner was Assis. Head around 88/89 - I had him for higher Chemistry and subsequently failed because all he did was tell stories about "what me and my brother did one day"

I heard that too.They started that one first....and it still aint finished. :o

It's finished.

The problem is they built it on old mine workings.

3 weeks of Willies offshore socks under it would probably do the trick :unsure:

Best teacher at the Grammar I thought was Mr Willowby, used to teach geograhy and was a bit of a maniac as he was in the navy or something and used to prattle about stories on about foreign shores rather than teach the text-book.

I didn't like Mr Erskine for maths as he seemed to be a booze bag and hated the school kids.

McCamley (right laddie) was still there when I left (1989?) - I still see him around the town, especially near the Neilston Road esd - still wearing his corderoys, and that jacket with the patches on the elbows.

Great to hear that Mr McCamley is still going strong - he must be a ripe old age by now. He was a fantastic teacher - really managed to fire up my enthusiasm for the English language, and knew how to stimulate pupils' imaginations. Thanks Mr McCamley - you were brilliant.

Bill - Mr Caldow (Chemistry) and Mr McCamley (English) were still there when I was in the school - Caldow retired when I was in 2nd Year (1984??) and McCamley (right laddie) was still there when I left (1989?) - I still see him around the town, especially near the Neilston Road esd - still wearing his corderoys, and that jacket with the patches on the elbows.

Ching - the Mrs Carmichael refered to earlier is not the one in the picture - she had scarier hair and it was grey - the Mrs carmichael in the pic was younger and was a history(?) teacher. The original Mrs Carmichael was in the art dept and was of a very nervous disposition!

Wilbur - Roddy Gardner was Assis. Head around 88/89 - I had him for higher Chemistry and subsequently failed because all he did was tell stories about "what me and my brother did one day"

He's still a knob in my book never gave me a chance at school didn't like me cause somebody was bullying my brother i knocked his head off and my dad defended me to the hilt a told him where to go that soon shut him up.