Derek Scrimgour

Just back from a football kickbout at Linwood where former keeper Derek Scrimgour was supervising as he is a policeman.

Anyway he said to me that he was one of the few who german JENS PAESLACK bumped stuff from including money and other items from players.

He also said that he didnt get on with very well with Tom Hendrie as because he was a schoolteacher he came in and treated the players like children !!! However, to be fair to Hendrie this might just be sour grapes from the big man as Hendrie did drop him and bring in one of St Mirren's best ever keeper Ludo Roy.

Just back from a football kickbout at Linwood where former keeper Derek Scrimgour was supervising as he is a policeman.

Anyway he said to me that he was one of the few who german JENS PAESLACK bumped stuff from including money and other items from players.

He also said that he didnt get on with very well with Tom Hendrie as because he was a schoolteacher he came in and treated the players like children !!! However, to be fair to Hendrie this might just be sour grapes from the big man as Hendrie did drop him and bring in one of St Mirren's best ever keeper Ludo Roy.

Next you'll be telling us Hitler didnt like Jews.... :rolleyes:

Bet Derek is glad he was speaking to you. <_<

I can exclusively reveal..........

:rolleyes:

Paslaeks nickname at Love St. was Fagan, now this was not after a tic auld yin , this was after a Shakesperean character who was a tea leaf.

Now the *** thief left with his dignity intact + 5 class watches + one that played Space Invaders ( Goalie )

Paslaeks nickname at Love St. was Fagan, now this was not after a tic auld yin , this was after a Shakesperean character who was a tea leaf.

Now the *** thief left with his dignity intact + 5 class watches + one that played Space Invaders ( Goalie )

:lol::lol::lol:

Is that why he kept dropping the ball whenever anyone shot at him...? Too busy playing retro arcade games?

:D

I met the big man when he ws on duty not too long ago.He tried to grab me at half time and after the initial shock i recognised him and promptly told him he never caught anything when he was in goals for us what chance did he have of catching me.The big man took it in good fun.Ive known his family for a number of years and he is a decent big guy.Good luck to him.

Wish people would stop being so hard on big Jens...The guy was abandoned as a child by his parents. Was left to fend for himself and two young sisters at age 4. He grew up out in the country where they were forgotten about by those who were supposed to care...He learned to milk the cows , feed the livestock and cloth and feed his two sisters, one of which only had one leg( infact, it was only half a leg)...there was only so long that they could live off the livestock before they had to eat what was still healthy of the animals as they were decimated by 'foot and mouth'...he lost his sister to this dreadful disease, and as luck would have it, it was the healthier of the two sisters..the one with half a leg survived.

This went on for a number of years. He taught himself to read and write but this was basic, only enough to forge signatures when he turned to stealing Benefits books, cheques and credit cards from the town people who had turned their backs on these poor people.

Alot of what he learned was through circumstance as a child. I think it is a remarkable achievement that he went on to become one of Saints greatest ever 'potential' greats...His sister wasn't so fortunate. She was crushed in one of those industrial crusher things trying to retrieve a tomato from a crate. She lost the use of both arms and legs and spent most of her adolescent life on her back. Many young local 'neds' looked on this as some sort of invitation to have sex with her...she is now trying to raise 12 children on her own..you try that with no income, arms or legs!!...Jens was simply trying to support her, and as Saints were not the best at paying the greatest wages to players, he was 'borrowing' from players until such time as things got better..Unfortunately Saints were not as sympathetic to his plight as they were to Barry Lavety during his 'drug' rehabilitation where they sent him to places like Feegie for his rehab.

But, Big Jens, to his credit, has went on to become a lecturer in Germany in Home security visiting many elderly and disabled advising them on the benefits of making sure they dont leave watches, wallets and other valubles in their jacket pockets when at the local day centre or day hospital...Great to see there is hope for everyone even when dealt a bitter hand by fate....

Edited by buddygreat

Wish people would stop being so hard on big Jens...The guy was abandoned as a child by his parents. Was left to fend for himself and two young sisters at age 4. He grew up out in the country where they were forgotten about by those who were supposed to care...He learned to milk the cows , feed the livestock and cloth and feed his two sisters, one of which only had one leg( infact, it was only half a leg)...there was only so long that they could live off the livestock before they had to eat what was still healthy of the animals as they were decimated by 'foot and mouth'...he lost his sister to this dreadful disease, and as luck would have it, it was the healthier of the two sisters..the one with half a leg survived.

This went on for a number of years. He taught himself to read and write but this was basic, only enough to forge signatures when he turned to stealing Benefits books, cheques and credit cards from the town people who had turned their backs on these poor people.

Alot of what he learned was through circumstance as a child. I think it is a remarkable achievement that he went on to become one of Saints greatest ever 'potential' greats...His sister wasn't so fortunate. She was crushed in one of those industrial crusher things trying to retrieve a tomato from a create. She lost the use of both arms and legs and spent most of her adolescent life on her back. Many young local 'neds' looked on this as some sort of invitation to have sex with her...she is now trying to raise 12 children on her own..you try that with no income, arms or legs!!...Jens was simply trying to support her, and as Saints were not the best at paying the greatest wages to players, he was 'borrowing' from players until such time as things got better..Unfortunately Saints were not as sympathetic to his plight as they were to Barry Lavety during his 'drug' rehabilitation that took part mostly in Feegie park....

But, Big Jens, to his credit, has went on to become a lecturer in Germany in Home security visiting many elderly and disabled advising them on the benefits of making sure they dont leave watches, wallets and other valubles in their jacket pockets when at the local day centre or day hospital...Great to see there is hope for everyone even when dealt a bitter hand by fate....

Are you drunk already...?

:P

Did constable scrimgeour also tell you about the time he was huckled out of viennas nightclub for spitting in a girls face <_<

According to Iain nicolson all the boys thought paeslack was a shirt lifter who used to shave his b@lls in the shower.He was bald all over ......

seen nicky tonight at big farkys testimonial shindig, money must be tight for him he was asking the mrs if he could bid an extra fiver for a framed top which he lost out on.

I spy strangers...you musta went to school in GREENOCK ? Fagin Shakespearean???

What the Dickens.....!

Also, Scrimmy was back on the 'Frew bench for the game previous to yesterday's don't know if he appeared for the Saints XI game yesterday

post-2232-1145258730_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

derek scimgour is just a pure p***k known him years n if it wasnt for his divit of a father my loyal ex saint playing father would still be alive

derek scimgour is just a pure p***k known him years n if it wasnt for his divit of a father my loyal ex saint playing father would still be alive

Derek is a good friend of mine and a very nice guy, we used to be flat mates,

He also did a good turn at the weekend while on duty for a member on this forum :wink: you know who you are :P

Derek is a good friend of mine and a very nice guy, we used to be flat mates,

He also did a good turn at the weekend while on duty for a member on this forum :wink: you know who you are :P

I personally think it is a disgrace that PC Scrimgour did not leave the said person alone to carry on with his hobby of removing hub caps from moving cars.

Although the member who will not be metioned (think nhs specs and whiskey) has never succeeded yet he was givin some valuble tips that night on how to succeed.

Firstly get meroculusly drunk and then try chasing the cars on the motorway.

Edited by slickmuir1987

I personally think it is a disgrace that PC Scrimgour did not leave the said person alone to carry on with his hobby of removing hub caps from moving cars.

Although the member who will not be metioned (think nhs specs and whiskey) has never succeeded yet he was givin some valuble tips that night on how to succeed.

:lol:lol: I was trying to be discreet Jamie,

The person is going to be mad when they see this. :P

Everytime I think about it I just can't stop laughing :lol:

Oi, get that spelling corrected, weird eyes.

Give us the details then matey.