Carphone Warehouse Broadband/telephone

Guest Joe

I am tempted by the Carphone Warehouse telephone with broadband for free deal.

But I am wary of this being oversubscribed and the same capacity problem other ISPs encounter when renting infrastructure off BT, this may be something that will fall flat on its arse, like the NTL free internet deal of a few years ago.

Has anyone went for this deal?

I can go for it as I can get out of my AOL contract as my phone line cannot take anything more than 512kpbs broadband speed.

• 3 weeks later...

Guest l3ud

Ive been a talktalk (carphonewarehouse) customer for a while now and have upgraded to this new deal.

It's the bollocks m8 , only downside could be the 40Gb download limit as it used to be unlimited.

It really is a no catches , free broadband deal , and the customer services are the best ive had from a phone company.

l3ud

Edited by l3ud

From past experience, i would never go back to the carphone warehouse again. It took me six months for them to refund me back money they owed me, meanwhile, i had to refuse to pay any bills until they did refund me. Despite being disconnected several times, i screwed the bastards and got a few months for free at the end of it. :lol::lol:

I wouldn't touch the deal.

There's rumours just now that Sky will be jumping on the free broadband bandwagon for those with their premium service, so if you subscribe to movies and sports then you will get broadband. This is expected to be announced this or next month so Im holding off until then to see the deal rather than being tied for 18 months with Carphone warehouse.