Top 5 Rock Bands

Guest AXEMAN

I think they expired soon after you were born,

Sensational Alex Harvey Band

"Don't make any bullets. Don't buy any bullets. Don't shoot any bullets. And when you get your freedom, don't pish in the water supply."

Five Glaswegians formed a band in 1972 and dared to call themselves 'sensational'...and history proves they were right. This is the story of Alex Harvey, Zal Cleminson, Chris Glen, Hugh McKenna and Ted McKenna.

Sure, you'll have heard many tales of rock'n'roll excess over the years: drink, drugs, women... Well, you may be surprised at how little of that you'll find in the pages of SAHB Story. But if you really care about this band and its achievements; if Alex's memory matters to you; if you want to know how a gang of Scotsmen tour the world, perform stirring and unforgettable stage shows, take a sideways look at music and still manage to throw in bucketloads of humour, this book is for you

The mainstay of the book is a blow-by-blow account of the SAHB years, 1972 until 1977, illustrated with personal anecdotes and never-before-seen photographs. The career of each artist is followed into the 80s, when Alex dies, and then SAHB Story completes the band's history with the finale comeback of 2002-2005.

post-763-1153291891_thumb.jpg

Edited by chingford

Any band that does a Jacques Brel song is the biz. And a great take of Delilah :D

Did I really see them in the Burns Howff?

Or are age and alcohol rotting my brain?

I didnae see SAHB at the Howff. But I did see Choupahrot.

Five Glaswegians formed a band in 1972 and dared to call themselves 'sensational'...and history proves they were right. This is the story of Alex Harvey, Zal Cleminson, Chris Glen, Hugh McKenna and Ted McKenna.

Originally Tear Gas who played our 4th year school dance :headbang and were supported by Salvation ( Midge Ure , John McGinlay etc) who became Slik ! :)

1. Bon Jovi

2. Rolling Stones

3. Guns and Roses (original line up)

4. Aerosmith

5. Foo Fighters

If you can find any flaws in that list you must be good.

I could find a flaw in your GnR "oringinal line up" statement. I take it you mean with Slash in them so the flaw would be that he wasn't an original member and the band actually took their name from the surname of previous member Tracii Guns. :ph34r: