Top 5 Indian Restaurants

gc_SMFC

• 2 years later...

Viceroy in Dunfermline just incredible and generously portioned

Kushi in Edinburgh or Dunfermline-not as piquant as the Viceroy but beautifully cooked meats and they are BYOB

Also O' Indiana in Carvoeiro, Portugal. 3 courses for two was about £15 with a bottle of Mateus Rose

Tried the Verandah near Haymarket a year ago as it's reputation is masive and it was overpriced swill

Edited by spirit of 77

Not a huge fan of Indian food mainly because there are too many poor restaurants serving the same sauce tuned into variations of different dishes on the menu.

The exception is Café India in Glasgow by far and away the best Indian restaurant in Scotland never mind Glasgow.

Thai food is by far the better as you can at least pick out the flavours in the dish. Added bonus is not feeling bagged up after the meal.

I’m not a fan of Chinese food as they use such dangerous chemicals such as MSG for flavouring.

Give me a good European or seafood restaurant any day of the week. My daughter’s birthday is coming up on the 5th of December. She wants to go to the Ragano which is an excelent seafood restaurant far superior to the La Gamba.

Glasgow restaurants in general are over priced , as much as you pay in a good London restaurants.

I spend a lot of time on the Isle Of Bute these days. There is a few fantastic restaurants over there that are much cheaper to eat than a night out in Glasgow. Try telling that to my daughter.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

• 2 weeks later...
The exception is Café India in Glasgow by far and away the best Indian restaurant in Scotland never mind Glasgow.

I know it's a common name, but the Cafe India at Charing Cross burned down about 3 years ago. Is that the one you mean?

On the Dhabba, I went there a few months back and it was superb, as Tom says much different from the usual Indian fare.

Also went to the Wee Curry Shop a couple of weeks ago for the first time, it's a sister restaurant of Mother India which I love and it was excellent.

I know it's a common name, but the Cafe India at Charing Cross burned down about 3 years ago. Is that the one you mean?

On the Dhabba, I went there a few months back and it was superb, as Tom says much different from the usual Indian fare.

Also went to the Wee Curry Shop a couple of weeks ago for the first time, it's a sister restaurant of Mother India which I love and it was excellent.

I think they reopened it in the Merchant City.

• 4 weeks later...