New Laptop/virus Advice

Hollz

Hey there,

Just a quick post to say that I am getting a new laptop tommorow, I say new but I dont have one at present, so I suppose just getting a laptop. Anyways, my pc is absolutely flooded with viruses and everything is a nighmare, internet access is practically impossible and that's why I haven't been online much, so as of tommorow you will have to put up with me again.

If anyone actually has any virus advice that would be great for this pc, I have reformatted it twice and the same viruses will not shift, I have spydoctor installed and it doesn't do much good and neither does norton. One is sasser and the other comes up and error

dotr.exe and says the file needs replaced as it has doubled, and says something to do with run.dll, if anyone has any advice then can you please send me a pm, and I shall be much obliged.

In the meantime, hope everyone is well xxx

Hey there,

Just a quick post to say that I am getting a new laptop tommorow, I say new but I dont have one at present, so I suppose just getting a laptop. Anyways, my pc is absolutely flooded with viruses and everything is a nighmare, internet access is practically impossible and that's why I haven't been online much, so as of tommorow you will have to put up with me again.

If anyone actually has any virus advice that would be great for this pc, I have reformatted it twice and the same viruses will not shift, I have spydoctor installed and it doesn't do much good and neither does norton. One is sasser and the other comes up and error

dotr.exe and says the file needs replaced as it has doubled, and says something to do with run.dll, if anyone has any advice then can you please send me a pm, and I shall be much obliged.

ive got MacFee and its works great, never had any probs

You should try and get a copy (legally of course :ph34r:) of Norton Anti Virus. The best anti virus software available in my opinion.

Worth forking out the money if you can't get a copy your machine will run a dream with it. :)

P.S. Hollz did you have fun with Sergie's No1 Fan on Saturday night after you went home together! :rolleyes::P:D

I've used Norton Anti-Virus for a few years now and it's absolutely fine. I also have the built -in firewall activated that came with my 3com wireless router, and to cap it all my ISP Virgin provides an additional firewall of sorts into the bargain.

I hesitate to say that I'm immune, but I've not had any infections.

Well I am having serious wireless problems, so if someone knows quite a lot about it then I would appreciate your feedback!

Bought both a Belkin wireless router and also network adapter. My laptop came with a wireless lan usb dongle. When I first went to set up the wireless on main pc my first thoughts was ok, this ethernet cable needs to go into back of pc, and phone line at the other end so I am still going to have wires going up the stairs..

Although, the wire which came with it wasn't long enough anyway. Today I spoke to a guy in some pc shop in moss street, and he advised that it only needs to connect to a pc initally at setup, then you may remove it and you'll be wireless. I went though the setup instructions though, im on bt broadband, and inputted all the date, but once i'd done that it just wouldnt connect at all. It also kept comming up from time to time that a network cable was unlugged.

My pc has actually just died, so my main priority right now is making the laptop wireles, and will worry about the pc once we have taken it somewhere and, well at least try to give it a little life back as just now it's oading with blue screen and saying that the system has shut down, not so good.

Anyway with any advice on the wireless thing, well it would be appreciated. Either drop me a pm or reply to this thread, I am currently connected through the basic broadband connection, which is not wireless. :rolleyes:

Hey there,

A lovely wee lass like you shouldnae be getting viruses.