Router Problems

Hollz

I have just had an engineer in the house for over 2 hours. The wireless has been installed although there is a glitch. It doesnt seem to stay connected, and I keep needing to go into the config and restarting router. Surely this is something simple which can be fixed, any ideas?

It also doesnt like both computers running at the same time, is it a hardware problem, the make is Belkin.

The engineer had no idea and think it may be faulty software.

Thanks.

I have just had an engineer in the house for over 2 hours. The wireless has been installed although there is a glitch. It doesnt seem to stay connected, and I keep needing to go into the config and restarting router. Surely this is something simple which can be fixed, any ideas?

It also doesnt like both computers running at the same time, is it a hardware problem, the make is Belkin.

Thanks.

You have to teach Norton what is allowed and what is not allowed,that's its major drawback.

What you need to do is click on Norton,select Personal Firewall,then click configure.

Select the tab for Networking,and you should see your IP address as a trusted site.

Click on OK.This should resolve the problem.If you have Norton on both the laptop and the PC you might need to do this for them both.

This will save you having to turn Norton on and off all the time and keep your PC/laptop secure.The Belkin router should work as normal after doing the above.

Reason I know,is because I also have a Belkin and Norton,and I had to muck about with it to find the problem.

Hope this helps Holly. :)

Edited to say.if you are running different anti-virus software on the Main PC(ie the one connected to the router),you may have to configure the firewall for it also in order for it to run normally.

Edited by EL NOMBRE

Thanks.

Did you spill cider on it....................?