Top 5 City Breaks

davidg

You need a bit longer than a weekend for New York City, but it's still a wonderful town. Manhattan is like absolutely nowhere else on the planet I have ever been.

Barcelona is just gorgeous. If you're into good food and drink, this is the place to be.

Rome is the eternal city - a quite magical place. Every other building is a precious antiquity.

Prague is just about my favourite city of all. The first time I went there I spent large amounts of time simply walking around like some sort of demented idiot gazing up at buildings just gobsmacked by the sheer, ethereal beauty of the glorious architecture at every turn. And the beer? Cheap and the the best in the world.

Paris - again, I love the place. Some people think Parisians are nasty folk, but I love them. And again, a beautiful place.

Special mention for Brussels. Some well skanky bits, but the old parts of town around the glorious old square are wonderful, with some of the best restaurants you'll find anywhere in the world. And beer, again - quite superb.

Only been 3 abroad holidays (ah and holland wi the school) but been to many little towns villages and islands in Scotland - Love it!

Anyhoo went a cruise this year so..........

1. ROME - absolutely amazing and DEFO DEFO want to go back for a weekend the place is just amazing!

2. Monte Carlo was pretty good and b'friend loved going thru the formula1 track.

Would like to go to

3. Paris

4. Barcelona - b'friend been and keeps gaun on about how amazing it is.

5. Who knows?????????????

Not in any order, but I'm def. going back to Berlin, just back from there on Monday afternoon, it's cheap for a capital city and a long weekend didn't do it justice.

1. Paris, been around a dozen times.

2. Hamburg, keep wanting to see St. Pauli, but they never seem to arrange a home fixtue during my holibags.

3. Amsterdam, same as Paris, but half as cheap.

4. Barcelona, going back in Feb.

5. Berlin, stayed right at checkpoint charlie, ah the history!

On the to do list is Rome then Prague.

No order.

1/ Edinburgh .... Great place to have a weekend especially during the festival weekend.Something special about this town and it's Scottish.

2/ Krakow..... This is an old city which building's were untouched by the second world war. Plenty of jazz and blues cafes by night. Unbelievable salt mine which has a cathedral and bars all carved out of salt. For me it's one of the wonders of the world and should be one thing you see before you die.

3/ Cairo... Endless history dating 4000 years. You can stay in real five star luxury hotels in Cairo for the price you will pay for a three star in the uk.Locals are very friendly and always willing to help the visitor. Don't get mixed up with Cairo and the red sea resorts. Cairo is safe.

4/ Las Vagas.....Think of an adult disneyland or a city from some distant galaxy ? Hotels that will surpass your wildest imagination. City built in the middle of the desert means it's hot in all ways ! ! On the door step is the Grand Canyon and Death Vally which are must see's

5/ Cape Town..... This is my No 1 city in the world. It has everything. Want to see sharks like great whites, no problem. African game reserves with every animal imaginable from Africa. Go to the beach and you share it with penguins. The wine growing region is right next to Cape Town and shouldn't be missed. Table top mountain has wow factor right off the righter scale. Seafood to die for. Everything is not too expensive. Cheaper than the uk. Cape Town is more or less in the same time zone from us which makes travelling there a peach. Globspan now do cheap flights from Manchester so if you want to impress the wife.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint