Top 5 City Breaks

davidg

No order.

1/ Edinburgh .... Great place to have a weekend especially during the festival weekend.Something special about this town andit's Scottish.

2/ Krakow..... This is an old city which building's were untouched by the second world war. Plenty of jazz and blues cafes by night. Unbelievable salt mine which has cathedral and bars all carved out of salt. For me it's one of the wonders of the world and should be one thing you see before you die.

3/ Cairo... Endless history dating 4000 years. You can stay in real five star luxury hotels in Cairo for the price you will pay for a three star in the uk.Locals are very friendly and always will to help the visitor. Don't get mixed up with Cairo and the red sea resorts. Cairo is safe.

4/ Las Vagos.....Think of an adult disneyland or a city from some distant galaxy ? Hotels that will surpass your wildest imagination. City built in the middle of the desert means it's hot in all ways ! ! On the door step is the Grand Canyon.

5/ Cape Town..... This is my No 1 city in the world. It has everything. Want to see sharks like great whites, no problem. African game reserves with every animal imaginable from Africa. Go to the beach and you share it with penguins. The wine growing region is right next to Cape Town and shouldn't missed. Table top mountain has wow factor right off the righter scale. Seafood to die for. Everything is not too expensive. Cheaper than the uk. Cape Town is more or less in the same time zone from us which makes travelling there a peach. Globspan now do cheap flights from Manchester so if you want to impress the wife.

The only impression I'd like to give the wife is one in the cranium with a blunt instrument.....................

Some man Bill, always up for a giggle.

Bet you had a few Magners on Saurday.....

Back on the beer, my fat bastardness is getting more extreme, although I lapsed at the cricket club fete on Sunday as you'd to go inside and queue for draft ale as opposed to fast-tracking with bottles at the window......................

Edited by BongoVonBudvar

1. Manchester - brilliant for weekends of filthy grown up fun :D

2. Madrid - music festivals, bus tours, beer, and the bernabau :)

3. Glasgow - pub crawls and fury murrys if you can get past the arsey bouncers <_<

4. Liverpool - getting leathered and lovely breakfasts in pan-am on the albert dock :rolleyes:

5. Paris - took my kids to disneyland and a bus tour round the city apart from the rain it was lovely :thumbs2

places yet to visit

Kinghorn and Edinburgh not been yet, recently invited by my boyfriends best pals and really looking forward to it. :cheers

Newcastle (was their recently, I think they quarry 4 ft dyed blondes with white stilleto's and mini skirts - pure class)

Liverpool (wee scouser burds always talk to you cos of your accent)

Edinburgh (especially during the festival)

Inverness (really good night out)

and finally .........

Amsterdam (the window shopping is great!!!!!!!!!!!)

post-2650-1158275835_thumb.jpg