Top 5 Get-right-on-yer-tits Feckin Xmas Tunes

Bill Lees

5. Jona Lewie - Stop the Cavalry. "rum-tum-tiddle-tum, Rrrrum-tum-tiddle-tum " - :spud6

4. Paul McCartney - "Simply having a Wonderful Christmas Time....." AAAARRRGGHH!

3. Wizzard - "I wish it could be Christmas Every Day" - what a feckin nightmare.

2. Shakin Stevens - I forget the title but it's feckin bowfin'.

1. Cliff Richard. Any feckin Cliff Richard record. The man is Satan incarnate.

5. Jona Lewie - Stop the Cavalry. "rum-tum-tiddle-tum, Rrrrum-tum-tiddle-tum " - :spud6

4. Paul McCartney - "Simply having a Wonderful Christmas Time....." AAAARRRGGHH!

3. Wizzard - "I wish it could be Christmas Every Day" - what a feckin nightmare.

I love Xmas, bring back the Val Doonican Xmas Special instead of all this record of the year, and awards for best hairdresser shite.

My favourite Xmas song is "Silver Bells" from "The Lemon Drop Kid", possibly my fave Xmas movie.

"Mary's Boy Child" by BoneyM was great too :spud3

The worst, probably the Johnny Mathis one...I'm sure Rick Astley did one but I have erased it from my memory such was the horror of it all :ph34r:

I love Xmas, bring back the Val Doonican Xmas Special

Little known fact : Val Doonican is actually a transexual. He was formerly, well, "Val"(erie) Doonican and was an early beneficiary of then pioneering gender re-assignment surgical techniques at the age of 27. He hasn't let his past as a woman prevent him from having a successful career as an international singing star.

You've got to be kidding. The first three are all-time classics. You grumpy old git. I'm going to tell Kebabs to make You Ebeneezer in her Panto. :D

What's wrong with it ? Well for one thing it gets played to f**king death - it's bloody everywhere. For another , just imagine it - Christmas every feckin day. As I say, a nightmare.

Slade suffers from the same ubiquity but I will concede that it's sort of okay just because I've a soft spot for Slade.

Edited by Bill Lees

that snowman tune 'we're flyyinnn in the aiirrrr' *takes aim with shotgun*

I actually like the shaky tune cos I remember seeing it on telly and him miming badly absolutely pished and falling over the drummer or something who wanted to molecate him...

whats your faves though..

Darlene Love - Merry Christmas Baby Please Come Home

Christmas in Hollis - Run DMC

Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses

they're all have me reaching for the eggnog...is that a good thing?

Aint got a top 5 but the worst is Cliff Richard's "The Millennium Prayer" which completely spoils two things in the most tacky way you can possibly get. That 3 million people bought that to get it to #1 just before Christmas that year... :angry:

And that Snowman theme (Walking in the Air is it?) drives be bonkers too... <_<

As for the best ones - imho (not that I ever had good taste in music)...

5) - Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry (Sorry guys - it's never Xmas season until I hear this once!)

4) - John & Yoko - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)

3) - Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas

2) - Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody

1) - The Pogues & Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale of New York

:ph34r: ;) :lol:

Bill, shouldn't you be praising Cliff seeing as someone who is the same age as you is showing age is no barrier :P

Cheeky bastard. Cheeky girls and cheeky boys. No, Stop it, Bill.

The late Jimmy Knapp used to get well annoyed when he was reminded that he was actually exactly the same age as Cliff Richard. Strange, but true. :rolleyes:

Aye, I saw that too - Shaky was wearing his Xmas jumper to perform and it was feckin hideous. Also included the hilarious Mary's Boy Child by Boney M and Lonely This Christmas by Mud.

What's www.dangerhere.com ? I'm feart to go there in case it's one of those banned sites that lands you in the shite with the internet polis.......

Bill

No you are safe enough its main theme is the famous nonsense talked by fitba commentators with a staring role being given to Ron Atkinson (Ronglish), I had tears rolling down my face I was laughing so much, its a classic "must see" web site.

It seems to be done by some Irish lads but mostly English premiership biased.

I reccomend it to anyone with time on their hands.

Slainte

Stuart

Guest saint hits the net

You aint suffered unless you've been at my Mother-In-Laws house as she puts on an old 45 of Pinky and Pervy - sorry Perky "singing" Jingle bells and Rudolpgh the red nosed reindeer. Makes the smurfs sound like baritones !

Why has no one mentioned the awful Wombling Merry Christmas or the depressing Lonely this Christmas (Mud) Please Come home for Christmas (Eagles) or Blue Christmas (Elvis) ? For the truly, truly awful, though, it has to be Jim Reeves singing C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S. - another in the old mother in law collection.

C is for the Christ child, born on Christmas Day,

H is Herald angels in the night,

R is our reedemer - I for Israelites,

S is for the star that shone so bright,

T is for three wise men - they who travelled far,

M is for the manger where he lay,

Can't remember the next line but it ends with something like " and that's why we have Christmas Day". Great voice, dreadful song..

Gary Glitter's "Rock N Roll Christmas used to be a real party favourite yet no one admits to liking it now. I wonder why ? :rolleyes:

Whilst browsing through alt.binaries.sounds.mp3 I discovered a track from The Cocteau Twins doing "Winter Wonderland". Sadly it was a partial file. I am dying to hear this most bizarre marriage of song and performer. Anyone heard it before? :blink: