Top 5 Get-right-on-yer-tits Feckin Xmas Tunes

Bill Lees

Guest saint hits the net

I wouldn't slag Mud on here , mate!

The poofy one wrote the Kylie classic, 'Can't Get it Out of My Head'.

And funnily enough, anyone reading this now has that tune bouncing about their napper.

I'm not wrong am I ?

I didn't say Mud were bad - just a depressing song. I did know Rob whatshisname wrote Can't get you out of my head - it's a shame they had to steal the futuristic dance idea from Blur's " Music is my Radar".

As for singing Lonely this Chrismas - nah - get mention Slade's classic and that's the one that stays in your head.

St Sid...a complete version of "Winter Wonderland" by the Cocteaus is on alt.binaries.sounds.mp3. The user is Rodant Kapoor...date and time 17/12/2002 14:29

Cheers Tom, its a little more mainstream than I'd expected ;)

I noted someone called Wilbur posting Xmas songs on there, is it the same one? :blink:

• 4 years later...
5. Jona Lewie - Stop the Cavalry. "rum-tum-tiddle-tum, Rrrrum-tum-tiddle-tum " - :spud6

4. Paul McCartney - "Simply having a Wonderful Christmas Time....." AAAARRRGGHH!

3. Wizzard - "I wish it could be Christmas Every Day" - what a feckin nightmare.

2. Shakin Stevens - I forget the title but it's feckin bowfin'.

1. Cliff Richard. Any feckin Cliff Richard record. The man is Satan incarnate.

I think you've mis-spelled Santa...

Gary Glitter's "Rock N Roll Christmas used to be a real party favourite yet no one admits to liking it now. I wonder why ? :rolleyes:

I havn't heard a Gary Glitter song for years. Is his material officially banned? Obviously it wouldn't be PC for him to be making money from royalties while he is banged up.

Rock n Roll Part 1 is played at loads of sporting events in N.America though....

I havn't heard a Gary Glitter song for years. Is his material officially banned? Obviously it wouldn't be PC for him to be making money from royalties while he is banged up.

Rock n Roll Part 1 is played at loads of sporting events in N.America though....

apparently it was also used as the theme for george bush's election campaign untill somebody pointed out the dodgy connections. It was eventually ditched.

'we do not wish to be associated with such an unsavoury character,' said a spokesman for Gary Glitter... :wink:

A lot of rinks played it after a goal but I'm pretty sure it's been phased out. Pity, cos it's a great toon

There was a clip of the magnificent Gerry Sadowitz on C4 the other night talking about Gary Glitter and how our attitudes to rock stars had changed over the years....pure genius. :lol: