5 Songs That'll Stick In Your Head - Sid Style

ST SID

Dancing with Myself, correctly credited to Gen X by Sid. A lot of the kids might think it's a Billy Idol solo number. A true punk supergroup for that song , Terry (Tory Crimes) Chimes of the Clash on drums, Sex Pistol Steve Jones on guitar and Idol and the genius Tony James on Bass.

A Heavy Heavy Dub, Punk Rockers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest saint hits the net

Let's go for -

Straighten Out - The Stranglers :

Rock The Casbah - The Clash :

Gary Gilmore's Eyes - The Adverts :

Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen in Love etc :

Jonathan Richman - Eygptian Reggae - Don't ask me why.

Throw in White Wedding (Idol) Eloise (Damned) The Clash version of "I fought the law" Toiler on the Sea (Stranglers) and I'm a happy man...

Edited by saint hits the net

Guest Midnight Moses

Hows about:

Teenage Kicks - The Undertones

Highway Hell - AC/DC

Death or Glory - The Clash

Get a (Grip) - The Stranglers

Watching The Dectectives - Elvis Costello

Bring a tear to my eye just thinking about all my old vinyl that I lost when my flat got robbed a few years back:(

I know what you mean MM, I lot a collection when I had to leave the Isle of Lewis in a hurry. It included a signed copy of Scream, Siouxsie had also left a kiss mark on it to as well as one on my cheek. Me not Sid, who of course was there drummer at one point.

Lost the crackin' Ultravox! Album too, with Wild, Beautiful and the damned on it. Never in a million f'k'n years could that bawbag Ure come up with that lyric.

Guest HonestManInEdinburgh

1. Boredom - The Buzzcocks

2. Sheena Is A Punk Rocker - The Ramones

3. Babylon Is Burning - The Ruts

4. Smash It Up - The Damned

5. Top Of The Pops - The Rezillos

Interesting bit of Damned trivia is below, perhaps we could get Bongo & The Cap to create this visual masterpeice at the next karaoke event:

"As regards Top of The Pops, it should have been amazing. On the the first appearance Captain discovered that he could use the BBC costume dept. So at the rehearsal he turned up in a full wedding gown and Doc Martens. Everyone in the studio just stood and applauded when he walked in – looked amazing. Then the producer told him that he could not go on in the wedding dress. They had an exclusive on Bowie’s ‘Boys keep Swinging’ video that featured the grande Dame in drag and they thought that he might think that the Capt was taking the piss – bollocks! So what could have been one of the great television events of all time was still pretty good, but not as good as it would have been with Vanian in full bow tie and tails singing Love Song to Capt in a wedding dress !!!!! "

Are you up for it Cap ;)

Worth another go :D

6. Into the Valley - The Skids

7. Hersham Boys - Sham69

8. Helter Skelter - Siouxsie

9. Alternative Ulster - SLF

10. I'm Stranded - The Saints

Its about time we got the punk tunes on at Love Street - A mix from The Saints and of course "Saints are Coming" - The Skids.

What better way to get the crowd warmed up than some pogoing!!!

"Hey this is your chance / To do the pogo dance / So get your both feet up off the ground / What goes up - must come down.

Pogo Dancing / Its the greatest thing thats going round.

Pogo Dancing / Why move from side to side when you can jump up and down."

The Vibrators - 1976 :bounce1:bounce2:bounce3:bounce4

The Vibrators were a top band, saw them at Satellite City above the Apollo and Knox at the Bungalow. We bevied into the small hours with him and got on the Guest List when he supported the UK Subs at Tiffanys, the next night. Pure Mania is proudly displayed 6 feet to the right of me as I type.

However I agree the Clash are No 1. I have over 60 Clash/Bad/Strummer CDs which cost a tad more than 2 euros. I got the Clash albums cds first on import before the British release at £15 a go , about 15 years ago. Rude Boy on video was £70 when it first came out in 81 .

Ian Hunter is a hero of mine also.

Edited by Bongo Cornholio

Ian Hunter... a big hero of my mate Jim, we took the trip from Aberdeen down to Newcastle to see the Ian Hunter Band with the aforementioned Vibrators as support. 1977 or 78...

On arrival in Newcastle we went to check out where the venue was, and when we found it went inside as it was open. After mooching about a bit the band shuffled on stage to do the soundcheck...! So we sat down and listened, I think he had "Ariel Bender" on guitar at the time. Anyways after the soundcheck we went up for a chat, my mate Jim was so hero struck he couldn't speak!! Anyway Ian turned out to be one of the nicest guys I've met he took us backstage and gave us some beers, let us play the guitars, signed autographs and insisted on getting us on the guest list!! So we got in free.

After the gig which was superb (btw) we got to go backstage again and both ended up getting off with a couple of groupies! :P

Ian Hunter Rock God and top bloke.

Stuart...

PS I made up the bit about the groupies... but the rest is true.

The Vibrators are still performing and I'm not just talking about wifefaces. :ph34r:

Found out a real shocker. The Leyton Buzzards, who also supported Ian Hunter and had the classic, Saturday Night Beneath the Plastic Palm Trees, went on to become.....

Modern Romance :hairraise

• 3 weeks later...