Pro Evo

buckfast crew

Pro Ev is so much better than FIFA. Ive not FIFA since the mega drive days, even if St Mirren are in it this year Im still not going to get it. I usually edit a team and put St Mirren in it myself. Pro Ev all the way.

FIFA has improved imo. This years' is certainly more Pro Evo like than I can ever remember.

I stopped buying Pro Evo games after finding out one year that you couldn't create a team with a striped kit. <_< Besides, it's too much effort creating an entire team for a football game every season...and then there's the issue of competition. You can't just create St.Mirren, have the OF in and then no-one else. Would've got to create several other sides from Scottish Fitba to make it halfway interesting......

At least FIFA has the whole SPL to start you off with, and if you're really obessive, you could create some SFL sides to augment the cup competitions...........

Ah well, hopefully one day Konami will get the proper licenses and build a Pro Evo game with a superb engine and a vast number of proper teams from Scotland. I fear I'll have stopped buying games by then though............ :rolleyes:

THis link may be of interest to TL and a few others :)

http://www.pes-spl-editing.tk/

Only for PES5 at the moment but a Pes6 one is in progress :)

Intriguing yes, however of zero use to me without a special drive to take data from the PC to a PS2 memory card.

I have the same problem with CAWs for the SmackDown games - instead of just copying a save game back and forward with some relatively simple edits on the comp, one needs to laboriously copy out formulae from websites and create from scratch in game.

However with them, that's part of the fun, especially when creating divas...... :wink:

Any good fitba games for the Nintendo DS? :unsure: ...I'm getting the wee man one for his xmas.Already got him a few games that he wanted,just curious if there is a half decent football one. :)

Both FIFA and Pro Evo should be available for DS. FIFA is out now, Pro Evo is scheduled for release on the platform on next week (Sat 4th) if HMV is correct.

Thats good but how the hell do you get it on the PS2?

There's an FAQ on the site............

Q. Ermmm, I can't get the file onto my memory card. Any help?

A. To get the file onto your memory card you need a max drive or an x-port. The file you download from this site is "zipped" You need to unzip it using winzip or another similar program. To unzip the file you double click on the downloaded zipped up file. You should now see the option file within the window.Right click on it and click on "extract". Choose a location that you would remember(mydocuments is probably best).Go into your my documents folder and you should see that option file. Right click on it and select "Copy". Plug your maxdrive into the back of your computer and click on "My Computer". You should see a max drive icon. Double click on this and it will open up a new window. Right click within the window and select "Paste". Thats the file on your maxdrive. Now go to your ps2, Stick the Maxdrive in the front and load up the software disc that came with the Max drive. Press X on the icon on the left. Press X on the Maxdrive Icon. Move down to the Option file and Press X on it. Press right to move onto the icons down the right hand side. Click on "Uncrush to" and finally press X on memory card 1. Thats it. Simple,eh?

Q. Maxdrive?! Whats that and where do i get one?

A. A maxdrive is a device just like a USB key that lets you get files downloaded from the internet onto your ps2 memory card. It plugs into the back of your pc and in the front of your ps2. To find one goto www.gamestracker.co.uk and type in maxdrive or X-port. This will give you the cheapest price for it.

Sounds good, need to get me one of those. I dunno if the update is a ps2 only. I am getting a 360 soon so it would be good to have it on that. I wonder when the update comes out....

Indeed - if it can be done on the 360 that's probably the best way to go, seeing as their version of FIFA doesn't have the SPL......... :rolleyes:

I just played the 360 version that my step-son got & have to say I wans't too impressed with the game engine, which I think is different from the PS2 one. It was ok, but another thing that worried me was that the edit function was only for editing players & not teams. This may be due to the aforementioned link, but can anyone with the PS2 version confirm if you can edit teams as per usual.

I must say that I've been a proevo man since the fist Evoltution game on the PS1, but I did buy FIFA2001 as we were in it & had to laugh as Junior Mendes was white !!! Still swithering on which one to get, but if you can't edit the teams I'd need to go with Fifa.

Found an absoloutley hilarious thing on Pro Evo 5 the other night.

With your PES points you can buy new hairstyles. When you go to edit player, go to haristyle, then go backwards to the last ones and there's a collection of DOGS HEADS that go onto the players.

Would be hilarious if you got a few mates round pished & stuck it on to freak them out !!!!!