I-pod Help...............

The Sandman

How you can download the content of an I-pod to a new file.............

My hard-drive knackered a few months ago and I lost all my files including I-tunes..............

If I set up I-tunes again and I connect the I-pod, it'll download an empty file and I'll lose 2500+ tunes..............

I've tried using it as an external drive but can only download 370 of the tunes................

Any ideas......................

My hard-drive knackered a few months ago and I lost all my files including I-tunes..............

If I set up I-tunes again and I connect the I-pod, it'll download an empty file and I'll lose 2500+ tunes..............

I've tried using it as an external drive but can only download 370 of the tunes................

1) Make sure you can view hidden files. In MY computer go to tools>folder options>view>show hidden files and folders.

2) Windows should see the ipod and your music should be on your ipod in several hidden folders. To be safe I would copy it all to say your desktop.

3) Install Itunes http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and the Ipod updater http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/ (if you don't already have it installed)

After that drag the copied folder to Itunes (drag and drop or in Itunes (File>add folder to library)

You may need to authorise your new computer by playing it in the library first.

Dr. Flubmeisters' current goal in life, is solving technical digital issues, might be worth a call :blink:

BVB,

Have a try with this : CopyPod

Probably not what you want to hear, but good advice for all people out there is to always make a backup of your important data, and then back that up to on a regular basis. No excuse these days with cheap external/internal hard drives, DVD recorders and the like.

Apple Itunes Backup

Hope this helps.

If not get back to me - I've been working in the Storage Industry for 20 years so know my way round disk technology like you do The Clash back catalogue. :)

That worked fine, cheers..............

Had to do it in blocks of a hundred as it's a trial, but no great hardship...........