Top 5 Jools Holland Shows

ST SID

Might be of interest to Cornholio...but last night there was a group on featuring Damon Albarn from blur on vocals and da legend that is Paul Simenon from the Clash on bass geetar...think the "supergroup" was called the good,the bad and the queen.

Sounded alright as it goes....

Best Jools Holland show was last night at the armadillo with Jools and his big band.

Played a lot of blues, boogie - woogie and a fair old bit of ska. Top musicians , great gig, Ruby Turner was also there( great voice).

Played a great version of the specials 'enjoy yourself' for thier second encore, they were on stage for about 2 1/4 hrs nonstop - great value for money. :)

• 4 weeks later...

The guy is over rated. I like the hootenanny but the rest of it leaves me nonplussed.

I decided a few years ago that i should try and like him, so I bought an album.

Big mistake, all blaring horns and clashing cymbals, I half expected them to go into the Batman tv theme at any time.

Shocker of a hootenanny this year......Paul Weller is both torn faced and pish. Viv doing Anarchy in the UK was midly amusing; however f"k'n grim for a NY show!

Well done Still Game though - quality portrayal of the 70's NY party. :toilet