Play Mehmet

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Why all this nonsense about a player who, last time we were in the second tier, scored ONE goal in the season and that was effectively after we had won promotion?

His scoring exploits were mediocre at best.

How dare you.

Why all this nonsense about a player who, last time we were in the second tier, scored ONE goal in the season and that was effectively after we had won promotion?

His scoring exploits were mediocre at best.

My memory could be deceiving me, but didn't he score the goal that won us promotion?

Good player and would be a fantastic signing for us in the Championship, can't see it though.

My memory could be deceiving me, but didn't he score the goal that won us promotion?

Good player and would be a fantastic signing for us in the Championship, can't see it though.

By the time Mehmet scored we were already champions as St Johnstone had already dropped points.

As a support we need to move on from players like these. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about Franco Miranda. (another bang average player)

By the time Mehmet scored we were already champions as St Johnstone had already dropped points.

As a support we need to move on from players like these. I'm surprised there isn't a thread about Franco Miranda. (another bang average player)

Miranda was a very poor player.

Widnae have him back.

post-1795-0-95613400-1430895935_thumb.jp

Edited by shull

Good player and would be a fantastic signing for us in the Championship, can't see it though

A popular misconception.

Saint Johnstone's defeat to QotS meant we had won the league. Their game finished before Mehmet's late strike so that was only the icing on the cake.

Mehmet also scored a superb winner against Hearts to earn us a cup final; provided an assist for S. McGinn's famous winner against Rangers; scored a penalty to beat Celtic in a cup tie; consolidated our comeback with a goal in the Fir Park Great Escape; scored one and set up the other during our magnificent victory to avoid relegation at Grangemouth. I dare say I could go on.

Compared to the significant majority of 'strikers' we have had at the club since he left, the guy was a colossus for us.

I would have him back in a minute. Even his commitment and workrate was streets ahead of most players we have had at the club in the last couple of seasons.

Edited by Drew

Mehmet also scored a superb winner against Hearts to earn us a cup final; provided an assist for S. McGinn's famous winner against Rangers; scored a penalty to beat Celtic in a cup tie; consolidated our comeback with a goal in the Fir Park Great Escape; scored one and set up the other during our magnificent victory to avoid relegation at Grangemouth. I dare say I could go on.

Compared to the significant majority of 'strikers' we have had at the club since he left, the guy was a colossus for us.

I would have him back in a minute. Even his commitment and workrate was streets ahead of most players we have had at the club in the last couple of seasons.

The league cup semi final one at Fir Park really stands out for me, what a night that was, and what a cracking strike it was..

Bring back the real King Billy!