Play Mehmet

No, I don't agree, Corky scored against Killy, he's got the ability to give defenders a tough time of it. Give him a run and see what he can do.

What Corcy will we see though? The one who has the ability to destroy a team or the one that couldn't kick his own arse. More often than not it's been the latter.

Edited by Colostomy~bag~jones

Guest Big Yards

you must be off your head colostomy! We've watched this guy for the best part of 2 months, doing nothing week in week out and during that time never winning a game! kean then comes back and does more in 20 minutes than mehmet has done all season. Mehmet does not deserve to get back into the team on saturday. Dont know why corcoran hasnt been given a chance up until now anyway and even now its only because we had injuries! He's one of our best attacking players so he must start.

What Corcy will we see though? The one who has the ability to detroy a team or the one that couldn't kick his own arse. More often than not it's been the latter.

True, but while Corcoran's confidence is high he might come out with a point to prove and its a good time for him to do it. Don't get me wrong I think Mehmet can do a job for us, he may not be an out and out goal scorer but I think he can work as an effective Forward/Midfielder but for at least for 60 -70 minutes I think Corky should have the chance to chalk up more goals on his tally.

A new wind up following the closure of the Coughlin thread? :lol:

Not at all, fair enough Sutton is our leading scorer but he's hit a bit of a lean patch. Everyone has agreed that Mehmet is ineffective in the deeper role so why not give him a chance to prove he can score goals by playing him right up front alongside Coco, if it's not working John can come on for Mehmet.

Not at all, fair enough Sutton is our leading scorer but he's hit a bit of a lean patch.

True, but we know he can score goals unlike Billy who hasnt, yet, proved that on a regular basis. If we drop Sutton know his lean patch will just get longer.

In my opinion the 2 big men up front doesnt really work. Start with Sutton and Corky and lets see what happens.

What we really need is the midfield to be supporting the front 2 and really pressurising the Fifers when we attack.

Guest Big Yards

What deeper role has Mehmet been playing? as far as i am aware he has been playing centre forward, the same position as Sutton, kean and Coco on saturday, there's no excuse for Billy, he's been playing up the field and hasn't scored in 3 months so he should not be in the team.

Mehmet has never played the same role as Sutton. It's always Sutton between the penalty spot and 6 yard box waiting for crosses and never Mehmet. Sutton isn't there for any other reason than he is told to play this way and be there. If Mehmet and Sutton were to swap positions, it would have been Mehmet on the end of all those Lappin crosses and whos to say what his goal tally would be and what Sutton's would be with that role reversal.

I'm not saying Mehmet is some world beater who should be first name on the team sheet, but many can't seem to grasp the entirely different positions that he and Sutton play. Mehmet hasn't actually had a chance to prove he can play as the out and out 6 yard box striker.

Mehmet has never played the same role as Sutton. It's always Sutton between the penalty spot and 6 yard box waiting for crosses and never Mehmet. Sutton isn't there for any other reason than he is told to play this way and be there. If Mehmet and Sutton were to swap positions, it would have been Mehmet on the end of all those Lappin crosses and whos to say what his goal tally would be and what Sutton's would be with that role reversal.

I'm not saying Mehmet is some world beater who should be first name on the team sheet, but many can't seem to grasp the entirely different positions that he and Sutton play. Mehmet hasn't actually had a chance to prove he can play as the out and out 6 yard box striker.

100% correct.

That said, might be worth trying Mehmet behind a front two. There is no doubt that we squandered possession on Saturday and, in part, this was due to missing Billy's ability to hold the ball up. I like the idea of him tucking in behind Sutton and a nippier forward. He is not an out-and-out goal scorer (hens' teeth anyone?), but many seem to totally miss the fact that he is one of the most accomplished footballers we have at the club.