Play Mehmet

Santa will you still be laughing if Billy scores the winner in the Scottish cup final this season? :unsure:

Away down to Ladbrokes and see what price they give you. I reckon Mehmet will be the same price as Lord Lucan and Elvis Pressley.

Please give it a rest with this Mehmet nonsense. He is clearly a last resort in the striking department given his scoring ratio and the fact he creates nothing either. Kean and Corcoran both made a big difference to the team in his absence and even Scott Gemmill's got a case for being ahead of him now.

could you please tell me how the f*ck that is good enough ?

It isn't good enough, but GM has rarely made a bad signing and therefore he must have seen something in Mehmet to warrant his place. I'm not a great fan of BM but I trust Gus and will back any player in black and white. Please give ALL the players the backing they need.

It isn't good enough, but GM has rarely made a bad signing and therefore he must have seen something in Mehmet to warrant his place. I'm not a great fan of BM but I trust Gus and will back any player in black and white. Please give ALL the players the backing they need.

This thread isn't about backing - it's about whether it's time to play Mehmet or not. Clearly the answer on all known evidence is no.

But if Gus decides to play him I will cheer him on until the inevitable substitution early in the 2nd half.

Play a 3 of Mehmet, Coco and Sutton with Coco have a license to wander. It worked in 1987 with Mcgarvey, Mcdowall and Ferguson and i think this trio could fire us to Scottish cup glory, Kean could take Coco's place without it affecting the set up.

Presumably you see Mehmet as the new Mad Monk since he certainly isn't a McGarvey or a Ferguson? Kenny McDowall wasn't the greatest Saint but that's an insult to him.

In any event you're deluded - it might work with Kean, Corcoran and Sutton because that's a mixture of pace, trickery and goalscoring. Remind me which of those 3 attributes Mehmet possesses.......

• 2 weeks later...