Play Mehmet

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he chose Ireland though.

"He has played for the Republic of Ireland at under 21 level mading his debut against Poland on 27 April 2004."

He could still play for England (or Turkey) as he has not been capped by Republic of Ireland at full international level...

Edited by JM1

I also thought Billy was a Turkey, sorry i meant Turkish :unsure:

Seriously though, he should play against Hearts.

Of course you didn't witness his display at Killie on Saturday. I'm sick of watching strikers 'working the channels', it's certainly of no use when you only play 1 up front.

Saints were far more threatening once Mehmet went off. I hate to say it but if he never played for us again we wouldn't notice his absence.

In my opinion, neither Burke, Mehmet or Kean are SPL standard. However while they are still playing or are at the club I will continue to suppport the players on the park.

I believe, as most people do that Dargo (even though injury prone) is our one genine SPL standard striker.

However, until he returns we are just going to have to put up with what we have.

If Gus is going to play with one man up front then I personally, would opt for Corcoran. Even though he has no physical presence he has skill and a bit of pace to trouble the opposing defence.

I only believe that Burke, Mehmet & Kean are good for the last twenty minutes of a game. As proved last Saturday at Rugby Park especially in Kean's performance.

On Sunday, I would start Corcoran up front with O'Donnell retaining his place and playing just of the front man.

SMTID

Looking forward to seeing Billy put in another solid and professional performance tomorrow.

Next week in the Colostomy~bag~jones series ( also known as the "Are you Stuart Dickson in disguise trying to damage Saints from the inside" posts )

I can't understand why Stefan Dennis from Neighbours hasn't even been nominated for a best actor Oscar.