Play Mehmet

quote ; sunday mail

St Mirren goal hero Mehmet said: "Even though it's early you want to create a gap between youselves and the team at the bottom.

"Hopefully I can get a few more goals. I have a target in mind for the season but I'm keeping it to myself."

Is that because he has surpassed it ? :P

Edited by mush

quote ; sunday mail

St Mirren goal hero Mehmet said: "Even though it's early you want to create a gap between youselves and the team at the bottom.

"Hopefully I can get a few more goals. I have a target in mind for the season but I'm keeping it to myself."

Is that because he has surpassed it ? :P

Crummy post on a crummy thread

I agree, he can get unfair criticism or just as easily be rank which is frustrating. However, strikers live on confidence and at the moment he has a bit. He DOES have ability which he has always showed in flashes, just no consistency or apparent killer instinct. Lets hope he kicks on and gets it right for us on a regular basis now he's equaled his record league goal tally for a season so early on.

Billy took his goal really well yesterday and earned us a vital 3 points, he did the same against Falkirk.

I don't rate him as a striker, but you can't dispute the fact that without his goals this year we would be tied on 5 points at the bottom of the league with Gretna...and if it wasnt for his goals last year and the year before, we might not even be in the SPL now.

Billy looks the part when, as mentioned, he plays that bit deeper with his back to goal, collecting from the midfield to supply another forward and that could really help out if he was to play next to a natural finnisher, someone like ehh, hmm, dunno, Dargo? B)

Lets face it, if he could control the ball and pass as well as he can AND finnish...he would'nt be playing for us.

Mehmet looks like he's turning into a big game player for us, and we don't have many of them, so I don't think anyone can really question Gus's decision to play him...

Dont even try to argue.First touch is sublime and better than Bergkamps IMHO.AMAZING in the air and wins every header.Extreme pace.And give him a chance and he will score.

Do you agree?

I agree with some of it . He looks strong on the ball but he lacks confidence/killer instinct. I like Billy and have done since he scored that first for us in the 1st Div ,which was followed by his boots going into the crowd. He didn't win every header from where I was sitting despite the fact he looked bigger than his marker. He can be frustrating to watch but is now being eclipsed by Keano in that depatment :blink:

If you listen to Gus Macphersons' interview on the BBC you will here him defend Billy against the type of critisim found on this site. I hope we are now seeing Billy improving and going from strenghth to strength . Whatever happens , he was instrumental in that GAME on the 12th of May and certainly did us proud with a great goal , he deserves some respect for that . Right now he may be the best goal scoring opertunity we have :wink:

Do you agree?

Edited by saintnextlifetime

But cant you realise is prowess in the air?He is amazing in the air and you cannot deny it.He gets stick here because hes tanned and english but no one ever complains about KEANO KEANO who in my eyes is better than Kenny Miller.

BTW Why isnt Smith in the Scotland line up?Hes better than Craig Gordon by 2 countries of a mile.

Do you agree?

Eh? I'm sorry pal but Keano does get slated and to say Billy gets it because hes"tanned and english" is a bit of a slur on Buddies.Billy is potentially a great player (Gus says so listento his interview ,and he knows more than I) but he certainly missed nearly every attempt to win the header yesterday. Sutton was tall and English but didn't get the same critisim that Billy gets <_<

Mehmet is crap, simple as that. He's had 2 full seasons to scoe goals and he scored 4, how sensational.

If it wasn't for Mehmet and we actually signed someone who knew what a goal was we might be much further up the table.

He scores a tap in and all of a sudden he's God...Have you all lost the plot?

Edited by Sunny Saint

Mehmet is crap, simple as that. He's had 2 full seasons to scoe goals and he scored 4, how sensational.

If it wasn't for Mehmet and we actually signed someone who knew what a goal was we might be much further up the table.

He scores a tap in and all of a sudden he's God...Have you all lost the plot?

Well he is our joint top scorer this season :P