Play Mehmet

Mehmet didn't get any decent service from the midfield yet again yesterday. In the 2nd half the midfield were non-existant, we badly need an attacking midfielder then Billy won't have to come so deep to get the ball. Billy will get goals soon, when he gets one his confidence will soar.

CBJ, we have been saying that about Mehmet since day one, but three goals in god knows how many appearances is a pretty pish return to say the least. He has had more than enough opportunities to prove his worth, but I am afraid to say he can't cut the mustard at Division 1 level, far less the SPL.

I'll remember him for scoring the goal which won us the title, but there is no room for sentiment. Time for a change come January.

Mehmet didn't get any decent service from the midfield yet again yesterday. In the 2nd half the midfield were non-existant, we badly need an attacking midfielder then Billy won't have to come so deep to get the ball. Billy will get goals soon, when he gets one his confidence will soar.

utter rubbish, memhet couldnt score if he was the only one on the pitch, no more excuses get him out when we get a chance and get somebody else in :wink:

utter rubbish, memhet couldnt score if he was the only one on the pitch, no more excuses get him out when we get a chance and get somebody else in :wink:

Who could we get in that would be better on the wages we are paying? Billy scored the goal that got us up and won the league, he deserves more respect from the fans than he's getting young chap!

Who could we get in that would be better on the wages we are paying? Billy scored the goal that got us up and won the league, he deserves more respect from the fans than he's getting young chap!

No he didn't. kevin james og at QOS did that?

Young chap - you're having a laugh. gary's an auld c**t :wink:

Edited by facepainter87

i might be old but im not blind or senile, memhet is crap :wink:

Listen i'm kinda up on crap as you might have guessed what with the bag and all. Billy will eventually come good, whether he gets that chance with us or somewhere else is open to question. I think we should persist he has the makings of a good player.

mehmet should be last choice for us startin up front, a no we should support every player for the saints but mehmet has had chance after chance, he is gash!

Wrong...he hasn't had chance after chance. He's had scraps. Whenever Mehmet is on the park, our midfield seem to play even deeper than usual. The guy gets hee haw in the way of service. I take it you'd be looking for him to win the ball, hold it up, beat the two (often three) opponents who are on top of him, swivel, and hit a sweet 30 yard strike into the postage stamp (and then bid us a fond farewell as he signs for Real Madrid). Get real FFS.

Edited by Drew

Wrong...he hasn't had chance after chance. He's had scraps. Whenever Mehmet is on the park, our midfield seem to play even deeper than usual. The guy gets hee haw in the way of service. I take it you'd be looking for him to win the ball, hold it up, beat the two (often three) opponents who are on top of him, swivel, and hit a sweet 30 yard strike into the postage stamp (and then bid us a fond farewell as he signs for Real Madrid). Get real FFS.

nah a wouldnt expect that ya fanny but a did say a would hav him last choice striker ya f**kin fud, did u no watch the hearts game, the whole saints team died away when keane went of injured an mehmet came on! he's had scraps ma arse, coco hasnt had the same chance as mehmet! all am sayin is give coco a run of games and he will turn out 2 be a really big player 4 us!

Edited by JJ Lochgilphead

nah a wouldnt expect that ya fanny but a did say a would hav him last choice striker ya f**kin fud, did u no watch the hearts game, the whole saints team died away when keane went of injured an mehmet came on! he's had scraps ma arse, coco hasnt had the same chance as mehmet! all am sayin is give coco a run of games and he will turn out 2 be a really big player 4 us!

Yes, because Mehmet is a different style of player to Kean. Kean's movement had teh Hearts players scared shitless, but Billy's never going to be that type of player. What he does well is hold the ball up, but what good is that when you have a midfield who are playing about 10 yards deeper than they should be, and (on yesterday's evidence) filled because of injuries by guys who usually play a more defensive role, like Lappin.

Sutts would've struggled to do much more than Billy yesterday in that sense, although he'd most likely have been getting into better positions to support Coco when he went on a run - Mehmet could do with being more direct off the ball.

Think their is still tickets left, check the official site. If you cant make it down think you can purchase them online.

Coco did well yesterday, not sure though what McKenna needs too do to get on the pitch!

ok cheers, am tryin 2 get a coulpe of tickets, do u fink ma best bet is tryin 2 get a ticket on line?

Mehmet could only work well with two players: Kean and Corcoran.

The rest, forget it.

Even so, I agree in the fact that he should be last in the stirking pecking order to be quite honest. I still can't believe those going on about him not having a chance.

He is NOT a goalscorer or enough of a threat up front to play him as a STRIKER. If we play him, we must play another two alongside him (preferable option: don't play him at all!). Even so, I really don't think he's the answer to our "troubles". He works hard but to no avail.

If we continue to play Mehmet without making a lot of changes to the system, we might as well play for a draw in every game.

Yes, because Mehmet is a different style of player to Kean. Kean's movement had teh Hearts players scared shitless, but Billy's never going to be that type of player. What he does well is hold the ball up, but what good is that when you have a midfield who are playing about 10 yards deeper than they should be, and (on yesterday's evidence) filled because of injuries by guys who usually play a more defensive role, like Lappin.

Sutts would've struggled to do much more than Billy yesterday in that sense, although he'd most likely have been getting into better positions to support Coco when he went on a run - Mehmet could do with being more direct off the ball.

a agree wi u but a fink sutton an mehmet r the same type of players, give either sutton or mehmet a chance wi coco and trust me we will score goals!

I'm not having a go at Corcoran but did he score on Saturday? No. So how is he more effective than Mehmet? Mckenna is not the answer right now, he should get his chance when we're under less pressure and not looking to him to be our saviour.

Jeez - Corcoran was our most threatening player in an attacking sense - direct and pacey. If we were going to get anything it was coming from him

For me Mehmet had an opportunity to prove the critics wrong - could he , no , he was on the back foot too often and out of position. That effort at the end of the game , wow , an opportunity to at least threaten the goals , make the keeper save something, - get an effort on target , where did it go , floated it harmlessly away into the night - He couldn't even get the correct contact on the ball , at the effort he was leaning back star gazing ......bah !

The guy demonstrated his woodenness !!!! Oh matron ............... :lol:

Co Co had a great game on Saturday but when he is at his best when he is out wide this gives us a problem when he is part of a 2 man attack, most of the time there is only 1 person in the box for him to pick out.

If he was playing on the left of a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 it would be much better.

Jeez - Corcoran was our most threatening player in an attacking sense - direct and pacey. If we were going to get anything it was coming from him

For me Mehmet had an opportunity to prove the critics wrong - could he , no , he was on the back foot too often and out of position. That effort at the end of the game , wow , an opportunity to at least threaten the goals , make the keeper save something, - get an effort on target , where did it go , floated it harmlessly away into the night - He couldn't even get the correct contact on the ball , at the effort he was leaning back star gazing ......bah !

The guy demonstrated his woodenness !!!! Oh matron ............... :lol:

I agree that he's not getting into goalscoring positions enough but that's because the midfield aren't doing their job properly. When billy hold s the ball up he should have a mdfielder looking for the ball allowing him to make a run into the box. We play too defensive and Billy has become a scapegoat.

I agree that he's not getting into goalscoring positions enough but that's because the midfield aren't doing their job properly. When billy hold s the ball up he should have a mdfielder looking for the ball allowing him to make a run into the box. We play too defensive and Billy has become a scapegoat.

But maybe the midfield are following instructions from management - containment first and foremost - if we had more of a points cushion our game would be more adventrurous esp with Corcoran and other midfielders making more forward runs. However Billy is not a scapegoat because he is good ..........eh ?

I will back him as I do all the players. I do not agree with barracking him or any other player but I will admit to utter dismay with his final effort of the game. I could see him becoming instant hero as he fired that shot into the corner ...bah how I cried in anguish ! :angry:

But maybe the midfield are following instructions from management - containment first and foremost - if we had more of a points cushion our game would be more adventrurous esp with Corcoran and other midfielders making more forward runs. However Billy is not a scapegoat because he is good ..........eh ?

I will back him as I do all the players. I do not agree with barracking him or any other player but I will admit to utter dismay with his final effort of the game. I could see him becoming instant hero as he fired that shot into the corner ...bah how I cried in anguish ! :angry:

If the midfield are following instructions then surely Billy is too? Gus seems to like Billy and the job he does for the team and up till now Gus has done a pretty good job of things. IMO if Billy can get one goal his confidence will soar and he'll score regularly because unfortunately that's what strikers are judged on no matter how good a job they do for the team.