Play Mehmet

I'd play the 2 of them up front with Coco on the wing.

I'd go with that. :thumbs2

I'd get Mehmet to f*ck :angry: How can anyone justify awarding him a starting place?

So yer not a fan of his then? :rolleyes:

If Mehmet had been on the park earlier yesterday we'd have won more comfortably. He has to start against Falkirk.
:lol::lol: thats the biggest load of shite anyone has wrote on this forum
You obviously haven't checked some of the pish CBJ has written earlier in the thread. :lol:

To be fair, CBJ is famous for his past shite.

Billy Mehmet has far superior skills to fan(ny)'s hero Kean.......................

He should be played as a target figure, a la Yardley to lay the ball off to those around him....................

Spot on !!

Does that justify it enough for you? Fúcking half-wit boo boy.

Our two strikers were non-existant today and ruined every good move we put together with their general inability to win headers, complete passes, pressure defenders, anticipate chances and situations or generally play football. When Mehmet got the ball and managed to actually kick the ball in the direction of the goal (first time he managed it in the game), it was more poor goalkeeping than anything else that allowed Mehmet's goal.

We only won today because we were up against a very poor Falkirk side who failed to turn up for the game, looked disinterested at times, failed to put real pressure on us, never had a lot of posession and posed very little threat up front. The other 10 teams in the league, I can almost guaruntee, won't be so forgiving - just look at the amount of goals being scored at games every week, today being a perfect example.

We must have created about five or six chances (all through Franco Miranda) in the first half alone today, and all were perfectly good crosses into the box. Where were the strikers then? Nowhere. Kean barely featured the whole game and was second to every ball, and Mehmet ran around with no contribution to the game until his strike at the end (and I wasn't the only one at today's game who thought the same - many members of the crowd seemed equally frustrated by him).

OK, he scored his annual goal and well done to him for that, let him have his moment blah blah blah, but I'm thinking to the future, and he is not up to this standard - if he was a good striker, he would have been on the end of at least some of those chances we created. They're the sort of chances GOALSCORERS like Sutton relish, but Mehmet is no goalscorer. And neither is Kean. I'm talking of the sort of goalscorers that bag 12, 15 + goals a season, not one or two at the start or end of the season.

You are all having an absolute laugh if you think we will go far this season with those two players up front. I think Mehmet's St Mirren record thus far proves that he's not what we need and never will be.

Apart from the two strikers, I thought we played well today and looked quite solid throughout; Potter was better than he has been, Haining was very good, and I thought Miranda had another good game, although there were a few hairy moments. But after today's result at Celtic Park, I fear for us next week.

I am no "boo-boy". I'm a realist. Wake up you lot and realise that we need far more than Mehmet and Kean. Roll on Dargo's debut - if it ever comes.

• 2 weeks later...
With Mehmet on form just now i can see us getting a good result against the Arabs.

I totally agree with you C-B-J.

Big Billy is heading and shooting towards Legend status. I wonder if Billy Davies will still be Derby Boss when Mehnet reaches his 10th season as a Superbud.

I'd love for Billy to stay with us for 10 years and get his testimonial probably against Barcelona or AC Milan because we'll be an established SPL team again by then.

He certainly would deserve a testimonial for his cool finish v Motherwell 12/5/07.............