Play Mehmet

How can you fall asleep due to 1 player coming on? Surely the whole team put you to sleep by not supplying chances for the strikers. It is not Billy's fault that the midfielders aren't doing their job properly which is playing quality through balls or putting in good crosses from wide positions. I say give Mehmet a chance in John's position, he'll be dying to score against his old team.

Guest Big Yards

I agree that sutton is told to stay up while mehmet tracks back but when it comes down to it mehmet has been playing as one of our two strikers- one of the two guys who is supposed to get us goals- he is never going to do that for us so if a player is not doing what they are on the pitch for, you take them out of the team and replace them with someone else. Its simple, the guy is not good enough, can't believe there is actually a thread about this! any1 who thinks he should start on Saturday must not be watching these games or maybe it's just all the pre match alcohol that's making Billy look good! Cant be anything else!

Am i the only person getting right fed up listening to folk bang on about how good or bad Mehmet is!!

A lot is made that he holds the ball up well, the problem is after he releases it he stands there thinking that was good. Heres an idea for him after he passes the ball get his arse in the box and maybe he will start scoring.

The other problem with Sutton and Mehmet playing together is that they play so far away from each other its impossible for them to play off each other. People have posted that hes asked to do a different job from Sutton which is true but he must be the first striker in history to be asked not to go near the oppositions box!!

I think Coco has to have his chance, a wee agile player and a big strong player are a better combination up front.

He deserves a chance to shine on Saturday, who knows he might play a blinder like that night against Motherwell in the cup. :)

That would be nice, thank-u. :P

I find it laughable that people are wetting themselves with excitement over the fact that Corcoran is supposedly our saviour now after scoring 1 goal in how long??? His past form doesn't suggest that he has the consitency to keep this up. Billy on the other hand hasn't been played as a penalty box player the way Sutton has and if allowed to play the poacher role i think he has the first touch to be quite useful there. Sutton quite rightly is the first choice for that role but he's hit a lean period and i think it's agreed John and Billy don't compliment each other, let's give Billy a chance there i say.

Edited by Colostomy~bag~jones

I think Coco has to have his chance, a wee agile player and a big strong player are a better combination up front.

He deserves a chance to shine on Saturday, who knows he might play a blinder like that night against Motherwell in the cup. :)

That would be nice, thank-u. :P

Agreed, which is what i've been saying. I'd give Billy a chance in the Sutton role.

I cannot believe after the run we had with Mehmet in the side that anyone wants to put him back in again ahead of Coco or Burke.

He is not a striker.

If we play him, we're relying solely on Sutton to play a striker's role. This leaves us with no-one closing teams down, chasing balls or picking up the scraps.

Why on earth is everyone all of a sudden believing Mehmet's so good when he was hardly good enough for the First Division?

In the last two games without Mehmet, at home to Hearts and away to Killie, we created our three goals from midfield play going into the box. All three were created this way.

ALL THREE were scored by two strikers who've been below Mehmet in the pecking order since the Dunfermline game, injuries or not.

With Mehmet IN the side, the goals we scored were:

One from Vanzy, a one-off fluke if I may say from the right wing. Another two: Lappin ---> Sutton's head ---> back of net. Another - Sutton penalty. Who won the penalty? Corcky.

Ok, Mehmet bagged a goal at Falkirk (a one off on this occasion too :lol: ) but look at the difference the past two games with him out of the side.

I'm sorry but he cannot cut it as a striker at this level. He is not good enough and doesn't work with our system, simple as that.

I cannot believe after the run we had with Mehmet in the side that anyone wants to put him back in again ahead of Coco or Burke.

He is not a striker.

If we play him, we're relying solely on Sutton to play a striker's role. This leaves us with no-one closing teams down, chasing balls or picking up the scraps.

Why on earth is everyone all of a sudden believing Mehmet's so good when he was hardly good enough for the First Division?

In the last two games without Mehmet, at home to Hearts and away to Killie, we created our three goals from midfield play going into the box. All three were created this way.

ALL THREE were scored by two strikers who've been below Mehmet in the pecking order since the Dunfermline game, injuries or not.

With Mehmet IN the side, the goals we scored were:

One from Vanzy, a one-off fluke if I may say from the right wing. Another two: Lappin ---> Sutton's head ---> back of net. Another - Sutton penalty. Who won the penalty? Corcky.

Ok, Mehmet bagged a goal at Falkirk (a one off on this occasion too :lol: ) but look at the difference the past two games with him out of the side.

I'm sorry but he cannot cut it as a striker at this level. He is not good enough and doesn't work with our system, simple as that.

couldnt have put it better myself :wink: