Top 5 Things That You Hate About Glasgow

ST SID

1. The smell of hydrogenated fat, cigarettes and flagitious gussets.

2. The OF

3. BBC Scotland / Herald / Evening Times / Radio Clyde / Other Vaguely concealed OF scumbaggery.

4. They're just like gr'n'k and k'lm'rn'k only with verandas & upwardly mobile pigeons / seagulls.

5. They import their f"kw'ts into Renfrewshire Council and generally f"ck Paisley up at their leisure.

1. Rangers

2. Celtic

3. Partick Thistle (why leave those those c**ts out? And Queen's Park aren't worth mentioning. Oops, I just did...)

4. Self-indulgent 'Glesga' c**ts who think 'Glesga' is the centre of the f**king universe.

5. Elaine C. Smith (see above...)

She's fae Motherwell ya Pie. :P

1/ The price of a pint in the city centre....bang out of order. :angry:

2/ It gets more like London day by day

3/ Ye don't see a City Bakery anymore :(

4/ Blue Lagoon chip shops......THE worst.....EVER.

5/ The way that all these wee pissy arse toons try and make themselves out to be part of Glesga

5/ The way that all these wee pissy arse toons try and make themselves out to be part of Glesga

Even more annoying then...

Why does she go on and on about 'Glesga' all the time then...?

She's a f**king arse...another of the west-coast media and TV/theatrical types who think it's cool to talk like weedgie scum...

Paisley should declare it's independance from Scotland and then declare war on, and invade, Glasgow...

:fire:fire2:fire:fire2

1. The Old Squirm

2. The way they think they’re so unpretentious yet they’ve got/had pubs with completely wanky names liked The Ubiquitous Chip or Bolovski’s Baloon

3. The way they won’t see green cheese go by them. “Edinburgh’s got a festival? We’ll have one as well and it’ll be much bigger and much better.†Don’t think so. Bye bye, Mayfest.

4. The way the try and put the bad light on Paisley as being some sort of criminal hellhole that’s the worst place on the planet yet there are so many murders and shit going on there they’ve got fed up reporting it.

5. Cúnts in the pub that ask “Aye, but who dae ye REALLY support?â€

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

1. Old Firm.

2. Glasgow based media.

3. People who say and believe that the people of Glasgow are all friendly. All this "The Friendly City" shite.

4. The owners of the cart stalls in Buchanan Galleries who literally harrass you trying to sell you stuff as you walk by.

5. Office types who think because the have a high paid, high powered job, they are high powered in the pub too.

Edited by Thorizaar

In no particular order.

The friendly city tag.

From where did this pish arise?

Friendly unless you're an asylum seeker who's been given a free flat and money?

I'm from Glesga therefore I'm funny.

cf Andy Cameron, Gerard Kelly (the worst actor in the history of the world),Elaine C Smith(I know),etc.

General begging.

I've never seen a western country where there are so many different people looking to get your money off you.

I used to walk from Central to Queen Street every day,and it became impossible to make the short trip without some c*nt harassing you for money,whether it be a spaced out Big Issue guy,a charity mugger or just a random street urchin.

I read an article about the problem in the Evening Times once,and the writer just dismissed with 'Ooh the Glesga banter' type stuff.

I used to find myself zig-zagging down the street to avoid all the c*nts.

The Barras.

I went to the Barras a couple of years ago for the sole reason that it had been ages since I'd been,and I wondered what it would be like.

It was only when I went that I realised why it had been so long since I'd last been there.

A total f*cking Ned infested dump,right in the middle of a part of town that's an even bigger Ned infested dump.

River City.

Fuxake ,it's bad enough having to listen to this kind of pish as part of your real life,never mind actually choosing to watch it on the telly as well.

Is there a good reason why it's called River City anyway? Given that virtually every large settlement on the planet has a river running through it,hence the reason it became a large settlement in the first place.

the state of sauchiehall street at the charing cross end - a disgrace - reminds one of Paisley High st ( on a good day ) :lol:

the junkies that 'expect' a tap

all the old glesca women wi the glesca facelift - you know it - the hair pulled right back till it stretches the face free of wrinkles :o

self proclaimed best shopping outside of london :angry: where :angry:

asylum seekers everywhere - oops, :unsure: the racist overtone escaped :ph34r:

That's a GOOD thing...! Surely? :o

1. junkies and alkies tryin to tap money off you for their "bus fare"

2. neds (they're a problem every where but theres so much more of them in glasgow)

3. old firm

4. the chinese people on aryle street that sell they wee fluffy animal toys that go "cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep cheep". dus ma f**kin nut in

5. the high rise flats absoloutley everywhere. bloody eyesore

The pound shops of Argyle St

The smell under the Hielamans Umbrella (chip fat and fumes)

Junk food junction - formerly Boots corner

Neds, Sengas, Burberry wearers and general begging

Chuggers on Buchannan St (Charity Muggers - f*ck off and don't annoy me)

And finally the annoying twat that keeps putting a traffic cone on top of the statue outside GOMA - the joke isnt funny anymore.

Oh and the folk that make the place look filthy by dropping litter everywhere....apart from that a cracking city!

And finally the annoying twat that keeps putting a traffic cone on top of the statue outside GOMA - the joke isnt funny anymore.

Well, to be fair, that was more than one person and it reached the stage where they didn't bother taking off. So I think it might be Glasgow City Council that put it there.

Talking of the City Council, Lord Provost Michael "Wankbrain" Kelly and his cronies for banning a multi-racial South African pipe band from competing in the World Championships in Glasgow in the 1980s on account of the fact they were South African and Glasgow City Council were "totally against apartheid". That the band were disqualified despite being multi-racial and the local council failed to see the irony speaks volumes about the Lord Provost of that time.

And very little has changed, the jumped up, self-righteous wankers. :angry:

Well, to be fair, that was more than one person and it reached the stage where they didn't bother taking off. So I think it might be Glasgow City Council that put it there.

Talking of the City Council, Lord Provost Michael "Wankbrain" Kelly and his cronies for banning a multi-racial South African pipe band from competing in the World Championships in Glasgow in the 1980s on account of the fact they were South African and Glasgow City Council were "totally against apartheid". That the band were disqualified despite being multi-racial and the local council failed to see the irony speaks volumes about the Lord Provost of that time.

And very little has changed, the jumped up, self-righteous wankers. :angry:

You really are a fountain of knowledge Howard.... :P

My choice

1. The OF

2. Plastic Whistle fans

3. Neds/junkies/beggars/etc

4. Cnuts fae Paisley that now live there........ :o haud oan, that includes me

5. Simple Minds

I actually find it amusing that one of the top five pet hates about Glasgow is 'junkies/tramps/neds etc.

Sadly,I think you will actually find that there are just as many of these twats in God's Toon (Paisley). When I lived in Church Hill I actually had to at times avoid going up the High Street to avoid these fuds, in particular the junkies that congregate at the top of New Street.

So lets not pretend this problem doesn't exist in PA1.

Incidentally, Glasgow does have some of the pretentious, wanky and over-priced pubs in the universe. Princes Square and TGI Fridays, anyone?? :P

I actually find it amusing that one of the top five pet hates about Glasgow is 'junkies/tramps/neds etc.

Sadly,I think you will actually find that there are just as many of these twats in God's Toon (Paisley). When I lived in Church Hill I actually had to at times avoid going up the High Street to avoid these fuds, in particular the junkies that congregate at the top of New Street.

They're all Weegies on a day trip. :rolleyes:

Incidentally, Glasgow does have some of the pretentious, wanky and over-priced pubs in the universe. Princes Square and TGI Fridays, anyone?? :P

No-one's saying it doesn't exist in Paisley, we're talking about what we hate in Glasgow.

Guest The Shadow
You really are a fountain of knowledge Howard.... :P

My choice

1. The OF

2. Plastic Whistle fans

3. Neds/junkies/beggars/etc

4. Cnuts fae Paisley that now live there........ :o haud oan, that includes me

5. Simple Minds

You're spot on there, my good fellow.