Top 5 Things About Being A Taxi Driver

buckfast crew

seems to me taxi drivers..........

1. play golf more than anyone else - and there still crap at it but talk a great game :booty

2. are always right and everyone else is a tossa* :angry::boxing

3. know stuff that people just don't care about :P

4. that work at the airport are miserable, mean, stroppy and when i have had the mis fortune to get an airport taxi home , well after being graciously dumped at my house......... I tend to forget to tip :argue:

5. have pretty much got it easy .........right then lets get into this lark .....I'm going for the knowledge :wink:

4. that work at the airport are miserable, mean, stroppy and when i have had the mis fortune to get an airport taxi home , well after being graciously dumped at my house......... I tend to forget to tip :argue:

I remember coming home from the Scotland v Spain game in Valencia a few years ago. The game was on a Friday night so we decided to stay on a bit and come back on the Wednesday.

Scotland were playing at Hampden in a qualifier that night. As we got off the plane we jumped an airport taxi to the ground (not a bad fare I would have though?) the prick refused to take us until his superviser told him too, plus kept trying to drop us off in the City Centre. He wanted "real tourists" he told us <_< Loch Lomond?......aye that will be £80!

We forgot to tip that night too :lol:

It's easy. Don't use the airport taxis. When you've collected your baggage and cleared customs, phone one of the privater companies and wait in front of the Holiday Inn. You won't wait more than 5 minutes and it's cheaper too. :D Who knows, you might even get HSS. Or Taxi Saint. Or even Shull :P

It's easy. Don't use the airport taxis. When you've collected your baggage and cleared customs, phone one of the privater companies and wait in front of the Holiday Inn. You won't wait more than 5 minutes and it's cheaper too. :D Who knows, you might even get HSS. Or Taxi Saint. Or even Shull :P
But not in the middle of the F'in road blocking it aff for my good mate cockles when he's dropping off or picking his faither up from his work. Pisses him off so much he forgets to take his hand off his horn alerting the nearest traffic warden to the illeagally parked cars/taxi's :whistle Edited by Charlie the Charolais

Och I know .....but there is a strange perversion that makes me sometimes decide to go for the airport taxi driver - maybe if I need a wee verbal spat :angry: you know , bad day n all that ........... :wink: ..... jeez , who knows , one might be charming , good craic , a Saints fan , why I might even get help with my luggage :wink: ....oooeeerr big tip coming :lol::lol::lol:

Arriving at the airport, when I'm no hiring a wee Arnold Clark number, I just jump on a bus.

Economic banter with the friendly driver of a wee happy bus; choice of a large range of seats;

scenic tour of developing Gockston; past Stadia del Amore; the Petit BarL; the shiny welcoming delights of the Piazza; the Causeyside Street experience; then get dropped at Stowe Brae/Canal St Station.

What could be better - other than a bus going from the airport to the RAH, which drops off at Lady Lane!?

And all for a few pennies! :)

Och I know .....but there is a strange perversion that makes me sometimes decide to go for the airport taxi driver - maybe if I need a wee verbal spat :angry: you know , bad day n all that ........... :wink: ..... jeez , who knows , one might be charming , good craic , a Saints fan , why I might even get help with my luggage :wink: ....oooeeerr big tip coming :lol::lol::lol:

I love fixing them with a steely glint and saying "Wallace Street". And just before they think I mean Elderslie or Glasgow, I add "Paisley". I gotta work with the public, it's one of the few times I get to put the shoe in! :lol:

Dunno why they bleat, if they get a local hire they get bumped back to the top of the queue when they return to the airport. :angry:

I love fixing them with a steely glint and saying "Wallace Street". And just before they think I mean Elderslie or Glasgow, I add "Paisley". I gotta work with the public, it's one of the few times I get to put the shoe in! :lol:

Dunno why they bleat, if they get a local hire they get bumped back to the top of the queue when they return to the airport. :angry:

I know what you mean Kenny. I love saying "Bishopton mate" and all you can here is a mutter of "fur fu#ks sake"

Get it up ye :lol:

They have the last laugh though when they charge you £13 quid :(

Edited by MarkL