Top 5 Things You Hate About Deal Or No Deal

Bill Lees

I find the game itself oddly fascinating, but:

1. The way they all pretend to be the absolute best of mates, to the point almost of mutual masturbation.

2. When all the contestants except the one opening the box join hands and wave up and down in a kind of demented version of Auld Lang Syne in an attempt to magic a small amount of dosh into the box.

3. When the audience all chant "BLUE ! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!" just before a box gets opened (though this does double the enjoyment when the box contains a big red 250K)

4. Whenever the tosser opening the box says - completly un-necessarily - "I hope it's a blue for you".

5. When the geezer picking the boxes tries to whip the audience into a frenzy.

6. That weird f**ker that sang a bloody song every time he opened his box.

Ooops, sorry, that's more than 5........ :blink:

Edited by Bill Lees

1. The way they all pretend to be the absolute best of mates, to the point almost of mutual masturbation.

2. When all the contestants except the one opening the box join hands and wave up and down in a kind of demented version of Auld Lang Syne in an attempt to magic a small amount of dosh into the box.

3. When the audience all chant "BLUE ! BLUE! BLUE! BLUE!" just before a box gets opened (though this does double the enjoyment when the box contains a big red 250K)

4. Whenever the tosser opening the box says - completly un-necessarily - "I hope it's a blue for you".

5. When the geezer opening the boxes tries to whip the audience into a frenzy.

:lol: For once Bill i agree with everything youv'e said! :lol:

people who have strategies and systems. its completely bloody random!!

some woman a few weeks ago had a ridiculous 'colour cluster' theory. basically she said that the colours 'clustered' together, so she would definaely be able to pick out blues, or something along those lines.

in the end she ended up with £750 i think. then when edmonds questioned her system she said that it was a 'freak occurance' and that she had simulated the game hundreds of times and that was the only time this had happened.

the minute i see idiots with systems i always want them to end up with hee haw!

people who have strategies and systems. its completely bloody random!!

some woman a few weeks ago had a ridiculous 'colour cluster' theory. basically she said that the colours 'clustered' together, so she would definaely be able to pick out blues, or something along those lines.

in the end she ended up with £750 i think. then when edmonds questioned her system she said that it was a 'freak occurance' and that she had simulated the game hundreds of times and that was the only time this had happened.

the minute i see idiots with systems i always want them to end up with hee haw!

I posted about that in General Nonsense at the time.

F*cking hilarious. :lol:

I nearly pished myself when she ended up with peanuts after knocking back an offer that would only have been declined by someone who finds logic and probability to be an alien concepts.

Then again,that's exactly the kind of person who thinks they've got a system to beat Deal or No Deal.

The funniest thing was that it was one of the other box openers who burst out greeting when the diddy box was finally revealed.

Mrs.Logicless took it quite well in comparison.

1) People that say they have strategies (how the feck can u have a system of choosing numbers)

2) Why everyone wants the person picking the boxes to get low sums of money in the boxes they open (why do you want someone else to win a large sum of money)

3) There's no bloody skill involved

4) Why they all pretend to like each other

5) Why isn't Mr. Blobby in it, he had to be the more succesfull/popular out of him and Noel

5. When the geezer picking the boxes tries to whip the audience into a frenzy.

couldnt agree more with everything you've just said there bill

also, when they pick a box, out comes the £250,000, they say "oh i knew it was in there all along"! WTF????!!!

He was a flaming homosexual Bill...does that still make him weird?

Was he? How do you know? Did he declare himself so to be?

Or did you just make that assumption because his manner was rather camp? I do hope not.

Anyway, his sexual orientation is quite irrelevent. He was feckin' weird.

He spoke about his partner, who is a man.

On national TV.

That's how I know.

I refer you to my previous remark. Heterosexuals do not have a monopoly on being weird.

I really hope you're not implying that I thought him to be weird because of his sexual orientation, because I didn't. I'd be grateful if you could just clarify that.

Edited by Bill Lees

the guy wasnt weird because he was gay, he was weird because he was camp and sang a song before a box got opened, like a total d*ck

i think all the stupid stuff like shouting "blue blue blue" etc completely ruins the show. i still watch it because it can be entertaining when the £250,000 comes out :P

• 4 weeks later...

I've thought of something else. It's the way that all the women members of the audience (and those who are participants) hold their hands cupped over their gobs when they're waiting to see what's in the box. The men don't seem to do it. Why the hell do they do that?

love watching it dunno why but hate when someone opens their box and they reveal a big amount and the person in the crazy chairs - dont worry dont feel bad!!?? why should they? they only opened a frickin box!!! or when the 250k is opened and they day "it doesnt matter" of course it does get a grip!!!