Top 5

EL NOMBRE

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health..........

post-4-1173887875_thumb.jpg

What have the romans ever done for us............ :rolleyes:

"Oh they....gave us James McGrory and they gave us Paul McStay...." :rolleyes::P

Dunno about top 5, more like ruthlessly efficient.

1. 3rd Reich. Fun While it lasted.

2. Soviet communism, 600 million people under 1 heel, no Imperialist was more efficient at keeping the little man down!

3. British Empire, rampant capitalism, private armies, robbery & salvery under the name of "trade".

4. Pol Pot and the year zero. You could see what he was trying to do there. Not!

5. South Amreica and the influence of the church, keeping peole poor and ignorant for 400 years! Keep up the good work, your holiness!

.........and coming up on the rails, it's the US of A, a nasty mix of all of the above, McDonalds for all, or else!

Oh! I got a bit political there, flame away! :rolleyes:

Edited by Kenikeli

• 4 weeks later...
5. South Amreica and the influence of the church, keeping peole poor and ignorant for 400 years! Keep up the good work, your holiness!

Weeeeelll, it DID allow football to become a means of escape and in so doing produced the Brazil that almost every fúcker on this very website drools over, even though they’re totally bastard well over-rated.

Guest The Shadow
That's no wan o the countries ye got mugged in, was it?

Some swarthy chap's travelling the world using HHIBSS' passport with the aid of a bleached Kermit mask.

Top 5 ages.

4 months, watched Saints tour Paisley after winning Scottish Cup.

18 years, watched Saints win league.

28 years, watched Saints win Scottish Cup.

41 years, watched Saints win league.

47 years, watched Saints win league.

followed by the ages I was when we won the Anglo Scottish Cup, children being born etc, etc...

• 5 weeks later...
That's no wan o the countries ye got mugged in, was it?

Only ever actually been mugged in Paisley. Got my bag nicked when I wasn't looking and that took place in Bolivia. I got an emergency passport before I went.A lot of people now think that Bongo is the archetypal "Englishman". It was a British passport after all. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...