Top Fav Bands Of Buds

The Sandman

Is Travis on any of the previous posts? If not, why not? Scotsport played Coming Around when showing the end of season highlights compilation thing at the end of the final program for our title season, and I was singing it for weeks :)

Who was best Mel & Kim or Pepsi & Shirley :rolleyes::lol:

Got to be Mel & Kim Sidney.....who can forget the genius of Showing Out or ....errrrm.....nope deffo Mel & Kim. Shame one of them popped her clogs at the height of their fame! :( They would still be dominating the charts today if it hadn't been for them. Their stranglehold could only be broken if Anne Diamond had released a single (preferably with a Christina Aguilera esque video :wub: )

Got to be Mel & Kim Sidney.....who can forget the genius of Showing Out or ....errrrm.....nope deffo Mel & Kim. Shame one of them popped her clogs at the height of their fame! :( They would still be dominating the charts today if it hadn't been for them. Their stranglehold could only be broken if Anne Diamond had released a single (preferably with a Christina Aguilera esque video :wub: )

Totally agree Bud Wiser, Mel & Kim were the best.....Sinitta, Mel & Kim and Pepsi & Shirley were all in the charts at the same time (no s-club). "Respectable" was a classic. Seph & sno1f would be great doing it on karaoke with wee pvc mini-skirts and blush pink boob tubes :lol: Could be sponsor deal for SMiSA :D

I wrote many times to GMTV offering to be Ann Diamond's footstool....the corporate f'ks never even replied <_<

On the subject of Uncle Ernie, I'd like to point out that it was actually John Entwistle that wrote that particular song and not The Nose on a Stick, as any person who actually looks at such things with an open mind will know.

Bab O'Reilly was conceived when Pete was still in his teens. It would be nice if people wouldn't get all high-and-mighty about certain things especially when he hasn't been found guilty of anything.

Oh, and Travisty haven't been included because they are, frankly, pish.

As for The Trees versus Touch Too Much, both equally good songs, but testosterone and intelligence aren't the same thing. Anyone says any different is severly lacking in either.

Talking of which, how about a wee bit of Prince. Filthy wee midden and smart bugger to boot.

Talking of which, how about a wee bit of Prince. Filthy wee midden and smart bugger to boot

Good call, The Purple one, granted, has came up with a lot of s***e over the years, but when on form is up there with the best. His constant need to record lets down the prodution a tad, sadly.

As a Clash nerd it pains me to say that 'Clash City Rockers' is one of the worst produced songs of all time. If you listen the Hi Hat sounds about a mile away from everything else.

Edited by BongoVonBudvarStoneColdRockPump

On the subject of Uncle Ernie, I'd like to point out that it was actually John Entwistle that wrote that particular song and not The Nose on a Stick, as any person who actually looks at such things with an open mind will know.

Bab O'Reilly was conceived when Pete was still in his teens. It would be nice if people wouldn't get all high-and-mighty about certain things especially when he hasn't been found guilty of anything.

I was being high and mighty, I was being low and dirty....so get it right up yi, you may have blue suede shoes but their nae good for riding high horses :lol:

Oh, and Travisty haven't been included because they are, frankly, pish.

As for The Trees versus Touch Too Much, both equally good songs, but testosterone and intelligence aren't the same thing. Anyone says any different is severly lacking in either.

Talking of which, how about a wee bit of Prince. Filthy wee midden and smart bugger to boot.

The trees - testosterone...Rush give you a woody :lol: Next you'll be telling me Rick Wakeman made great conceptual albums that are way above the average Paisley punters understanding :lol:

Here's a couple more.....The Alex Harvey Band and AWB :D Good call on Prince - Paisley Park and all ;)

Seeing as I slated Hanoi Rocks without syaing what I liked, here is what I like...Joy Division, Killing Joke, The Smiths, New Order, Therapy?, The Damned, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, Hula, Cabaret Voltaire, Cocteau Twins, Sex Pistols, The Clash, Rolling Stones, Thin Lizzy, The Sundays, MSP, Public Image Limited, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Cure, Nirvana, Foo fighters, The Skids, The Undertones, Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, most classical music especially piano concertos, crooners like Sinatra and NKC, trippy trance tunes, Tom Waits, Screaming Jay Hawkins, jazz stuff like Artie Shaw and loads of other stuff....bit not heavy metal or garage/house/jungle or any of that sh ite.

Paisley has a great tradition for classical music. There used to be classical concerts held in the Braes for the mill workers during the summer. We should get Pavarotti in to open the new stadium, £75 a ticket...it'd sell out in minutes :D

I was being low and dirty

:lol: Touche! :lol:

Alex Harvey is another good one. Gangbang, Next and, of course, the wonderful There's No Lights On The Christmas Tree Mother They're Burning Big Louie Tonight all top notch songs.

Tom, covered many bases there but a good bit of heid doon straight forward "these amps go up to 11" loud stuff can never go amiss.