Tennant's Lager

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Miss Saint. :(

The previous post was written in haste. I've changed "allowing SMiSA" to "assisting SMiSA".

Hopefully that reads better. :)

I agree that the timing is not ideal, but SMiSA have tried to improve on last year's POTY on-pitch presentations as many supporters felt it could have been handled better.

Once again the timing was at the mercy of when the players would be available to attend, and approval must be granted by their employers as they have other post-match corporate activities to deal with.

Again nothing to stop other travel clubs and web sites having their own function. I'm all for it. B)

Which reminds me Div - when and where is the B&WA POTY award being made?

If we do stay up I'm sure not many of us will be interested in watching the FA Cup....never mind remembering who we voted for in the POTY awards. :cheers:guinness:clapping:guinness:cheers

Thats exactly what I mean -

"Once again the timing was at the mercy of when the players would be available to attend, and approval must be granted by their employers as they have other post-match corporate activities to deal with."

last year aye for me personally it was great to stand touchline and present the trophy on the park - but what about the rest of the guys on my bus who go to every game every week every season? i understand last year was difficult due to winning the league. this year its a relegation fight.

years ago i used to go to my bus poty night and a often went to other buses too and its not that you dont want to mix but i think every bus is entitled to have their own night and usually personally speaking we can fill oor pub or bowling club etc just with members, regulars family and friends. lst year we had a private party in the pub on the last game and it was a great night but it would have been nice for a few players to make an appearance. again i understand the last game might not be suitable but why then do the club not say what night near the end of the season would suit?

gus did brill the other year at the station bar by bringing everyone but personally i dont think its ideal.

don't take this as a personal attack - it is the club i am moaning at!

though i don't see it as smisa's job either to try and make things better than last year - fair enuff for urselves but dont think you should be the voice for all buses - if that is not the way it is meant then sorry for picking it up wrong.

im afraid that after the planning and work that went into arranging our 50th anniversary and then for no players to attend (they were at shuggie's quiz i understand - but the club were informed about our night LAST YEAR) it has left me very angry with the club in this area!

rant over, miss saint has left the building!

I fully support both these points - especially about communication between the supporters and the club.

SMiSA is not representative of the full support or the independent travel clubs.

Events such as this have been held by SMiSA in the past to bring travel clubs and web site groups together and help raise funds for these organisations.

POTY nights and special events like the NE 50th and Shuggie's Quiz should be celebrated properly and coordinated.

For example I'm sure years ago the club used to hold a POTY event in the town hall where the awards were dished out.

Maybe I am just becoming old and moany I dont know haha. I believe that as the core of the support (apologies to guys who travel every by car - but dont know who u's are as such) we deserve better. Personally we have a few nights a season and they are well attended and a right good night and I would like to be able to do this for a poty night. If however it going down the road of it has to be one night only (and it may not be thats just what i am assuming) then perhaps the club should say ok last home game of the season - and we have a proper night.

right i am stopping moaning noo - whits wrang wi me today???

i have presented our poty for the last - eh more years than i care to remember! if we are relegated i think it would be better if i wasnt in a licensed premise with a large blunt instrument alongside gus, andy and co!! haha

"It was Miss Saint....in the cloakroom....with the lead piping!".....Do I win? :unsure::P

I'd imagine in future, once we're at our new home then there may well be an 'official' player of the year night held at the stadium in the anticipated new conference/banqueting hall, with all the clubs & groups attending.

As it stands, I thought last year's handling of the Player of the Year awards was very disappointing. The various clubs and groups (including both the Beggars and SMiSA) were rushed on and off the park as quickly as possible and generally seen from all I've gathered as an inconvenience the club would rather not have dealt with.

From my perspective SMiSA are just trying to ensure that there's some kind of event that the club are going to get involved with, from their own end - and if the travel clubs want to join in then they're more than welcome. :) I'm all for the various clubs having their own event and co-ordinated in such a way as people could attend some/all of them instead of necessarily just one (believe me, it'd do the Beggars no harm! :D ) but I think it's going to be increasingly difficult to get players along to them sadly.

The timing and venue for this year's aren't perhaps the best but there were few options really, especially with the early kick off. As much as I wanted to see the FA Cup Final this year I'd much prefer missing it so we can have a 3pm kickoff. If we had, there should've seen a more normal time for the festivities.

Way I see it is a single event isn't ideal, but if it does have to be like that then it should be the best it can possibly be and everyone should be involved - would defo have loved to have seen one at the Town Hall last year, that would've been fantastic imo. :)

I'd imagine in future, once we're at our new home then there may well be an 'official' player of the year night held at the stadium in the anticipated new conference/banqueting hall, with all the clubs & groups attending.

As it stands, I thought last year's handling of the Player of the Year awards was very disappointing. The various clubs and groups (including both the Beggars and SMiSA) were rushed on and off the park as quickly as possible and generally seen from all I've gathered as an inconvenience the club would rather not have dealt with.

From my perspective SMiSA are just trying to ensure that there's some kind of event that the club are going to get involved with, from their own end - and if the travel clubs want to join in then they're more than welcome. :) I'm all for the various clubs having their own event and co-ordinated in such a way as people could attend some/all of them instead of necessarily just one (believe me, it'd do the Beggars no harm! :D ) but I think it's going to be increasingly difficult to get players along to them sadly.

The timing and venue for this year's aren't perhaps the best but there were few options really, especially with the early kick off. As much as I wanted to see the FA Cup Final this year I'd much prefer missing it so we can have a 3pm kickoff. If we had, there should've seen a more normal time for the festivities.

Way I see it is a single event isn't ideal, but if it does have to be like that then it should be the best it can possibly be and everyone should be involved - would defo have loved to have seen one at the Town Hall last year, that would've been fantastic imo. :)

last year i agree i think we were an inconvenience. at least the beggars and smisa where just rushed - they were about to finish the presentations and i was still standing there with my two trophies! the guy was heading off the park when phil pointed out i was still there - the guy (cannae member his name) checked his wee clip board and i wasnt even on it! the look he gave me!!! aye cos it was my fault - i didnt tell them i was coming I just randomly showed up with two trophies - muppets!