Windows Vista Problem

Joe

I have loaded Vista Ultimate on to my laptop and I have found out my laptop specification isn't up to running Vista very well.

Consequently I have to load Windows XP Pro back on to my laptop but the copy I have is corrupted, can anyone help me out with a copy please?

Reasonable price will be paid.

i have had the exact same problem, but it wont let me into anything it just shows me my blank desktop with no options and nothing hapens when i try to load xp back on...

You'll need to format your hard drive and reload windows xp.

That is what I'll need to do, hence the need for a working copy of windows xp pro.

I am on vista on my laptop just now, but I can't do feck all other than connect to the internet, I can't get updated drivers or nothing, right now my windows vista disk would make a good feckin ashtray :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Might be something else but when installing Vista there is a bit of patience required as there is a point when it looks like it has crashed / doing hee-haw. If you f"k around with it in anyway during that time, and it can last for about 20-40 minutes a full reinstall is required.

Once it is up and running it is alright with a bit of a learing curve to orientate yourself with all the f"king about MS have done. Symantec have also lost the f'k'n plot and the learning curve for Norton is a nightmare - like Trend Micro now.

Plus nearly everything I have installed on it has required software patches downloaded. If you can wait, then wait.

Might be something else but when installing Vista there is a bit of patience required as there is a point when it looks like it has crashed / doing hee-haw. If you f"k around with it in anyway during that time, and it can last for about 20-40 minutes a full reinstall is required.

Once it is up and running it is alright with a bit of a learing curve to orientate yourself with all the f"king about MS have done. Symantec have also lost the f'k'n plot and the learning curve for Norton is a nightmare - like Trend Micro now.

Plus nearly everything I have installed on it has required software patches downloaded. If you can wait, then wait.

Added to that, Vista learns your behaviour over time, so the first couple of days you might find a new install of vista pretty slow, but once it learns your habits, it zips along at a decent rate.