Internut

Herbie

Can anyone help me out here.

All of a sudden, whenever I'm on the internet (either on my laptop or home pc), it is as slow as hell to access web pages, no matter what site. Any tips or ideas as to what might be causing it??

Never had a problem before and haven't changed any settings or anything.

well i think obvious thing would be a virus:S did you scan with computer to check for any?

My first thought too. Unlikely that it would affect both laptop and home pc at the same time though?? Laptop was virus checked last week. Going to run a scan on the home pc just now.

Are you with BT?

I had the same problem about 6 weeks ago, after being driven crazy by Indian call centres, I demanded that an engineer came out. Turned out someone's tree in Hawkhead Rd had roots which were strangling the underground cables.

Yes. That might explain it.

Now looking forward to being on the phone to "David" from Mumbai for 6 hours. :(

If anyone ever has a problem with BT and is f**ked around by their call centre, e-mail their chief executive at [email protected]

Had a reply almost straight away from him saying he'd look into it, within the hour I had a call from some wummin from his office being most apologetic for their f**kwittery :)