Top 5 Saints Away Trips...

paulsmfc

1. Anywhere in Mainland Europe would be good

2. Blackpool - wasn't lucky enough to be there but the stories from the trips are top dollar.

3. diddy club grounds - @lloa, brechin...where you can have a wander round and engage in banter with the opposition support...also great if you have young kids - when will Scottish football provide creche facilities :angry:

4. ICT - usually spend the weekend up there, but also usually stay in the boozers and miss the game

5. QoS - an intoxicating town :guinness

1. Anywhere in Mainland Europe would be good

2. Blackpool - wasn't lucky enough to be there but the stories from the trips are top dollar.

3. diddy club grounds - @lloa, brechin...where you can have a wander round and engage in banter with the opposition support...also great if you have young kids - when will Scottish football provide creche facilities :angry:

4. ICT - usually spend the weekend up there, but also usually stay in the boozers and miss the game

5. QoS - an intoxicating town :guinness

4 & 5 have a bit of a connection for you, don't they?

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

1. Hampden Park 1987

2. Cappielow when we were in the Cowshed.

3. Starks Park 1987 and February 2000

4. Bolton Wanderers Anglo Scottish Cup J.B's diving header

5. Kilbowie Park Xmas Day 1976

plus many more.......................

Pittodrie was always great for days out in the 70's and 80's.....

1. Hampden Park 1987

plus many more.......................

Pittodrie was always great for days out in the 70's and 80's.....

And ye never paid in to any of them. :P

And ye never paid in to any of them. :P

The funny thing is, i was skinter in those days, but admission prices never came into the equation and there was always plenty bevvy money for the far flung trips.

Changed days !! :)

The funny thing is, i was skinter in those days, but admission prices never came into the equation and there was always plenty bevvy money for the far flung trips.

Changed days !! :)

I treated myself to a main stand seat for the 87 Final. Looking at the ticket on the wall now (in a frame with a signed team picture taken the day afterwards at Love Street :) ) - the admission price: £7.00 (Adult). F*cking Cup Final !!!! There is no doubt that the % of the average weekly "spare" £ that it costs to get into games now, has gone sky high. That is why even Paisley's Meanest People-mover always had plenty bevvy money for the far flung trips. Strange as it may seem to believe :P

Changed days !!

So you say, but let’s dissect these games:-

1. Hampden Park 1987

Where ye watched the game from the front windae of someone’s hoose next to the ground and saw the highlights o telly the next day.

Where ye watched games from the railway line.

See number 2

In the boys gate. Ooer missus!

Loupin’ ower the wall was ay a piece of piss at Kilbowie.

So there ye have it; ye paid for wan game. And that was half price. :lol:

So you say, but let’s dissect these games:-

Where ye watched the game from the front windae of someone’s hoose next to the ground and saw the highlights o telly the next day.

Where ye watched games from the railway line.

See number 2

In the boys gate. Ooer missus!

Loupin’ ower the wall was ay a piece of piss at Kilbowie.

So there ye have it; ye paid for wan game. And that was half price. :lol:

Rumbled !!! :rolleyes::lol:

Dunno how i got intae the Bolton Match. All us Borrheid Saints started on the carry oots as soon as our Bus (Chivas) left Paisley. We continued the Bevvy for a few hours pre-match in a back street Bolton boozer. The most i can remember is extra time when we clinched the tie with the late Bone goal. B)

Rumbled !!! :rolleyes::lol:

Dunno how i got intae the Bolton Match. All us Borrheid Saints started on the carry oots as soon as our Bus (Chivas) left Paisley. We continued the Bevvy for a few hours pre-match in a back street Bolton boozer. The most i can remember is extra time when we clinched the tie with the late Bone goal. B)

I think I'll head down to the Bolton town centre library this week, and look up archived "Bolton Evening News" around the time of the game. Not for the match reports. No, I'll be looking for reports of flare-ups over the admission/pie prices :wink:

Hampden Park 1987......Has to be the best day out ever. Paisley at night was rocking like I have never seen.

St Etienne, France Uefa cup 1980...... After a gruelling bus ride that seemed to take forever we arrived in St Etienne just in time for kick off. Walked into the stadium only for hundreds of plastic bottles to be hurled our way. Thanks God they were plastic. The game was forgettable. Went to a club after the game which proved to be very rewarding. Met a wee local lass the rest stays with me te he he ! !

Mechilin ,Belgium Cup Winners cup 1987. We were the first British team aloud in to Belgium since the Heysel stadium disaster. It was a great trip where we held what was to be the competition winners to a 0-0 draw. Gus would have been proud as we played a right defensive game. A young Ian Ferguson nearly scored on the break. What a support we had that night sang there heads off. still got the Mechlin scarf I was given by one of there fans. We were based in Leige and had one hell of a night in the town after the game.

Blackpool friendly 2000....Drove down with Div and Vic who I had just met. Also met some English based Saints fans for a pint. My understanding one was Bill Lees though I did not know that at the time. What a weekend it was a pure scream from start to finish.

Kirkcaldy 1987 in the run up to the cup win. It was the second round and my brother put on £20.00 for Saints to win the cup. He had to travel back through to Kirkcaldy to pick up his winnings. The basa never told me what he got back.

5th no where in particular. However most trips I made with "Saints Junior Supporters" we always had an adventure as a 8 year old. I remember the two double decker buses full of very young kids travelling all over Scotland. There was no M8 in these days so most trips we had to set off very early. Great memories. Still see and speak to Neil Kennedy who was a member in the later years.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

Hampden Park 1987......Has to be the best day out ever. Paisley at night was rocking like I have never seen.

St Etienne, France Uefa cup 1980...... After a gruelling bus ride that seemed to take forever we arrived in St Etienne just in time for kick off. Walked into the stadium only for hundreds of plastic bottles to be hurled our way. Thanks God they were plastic. The game was forgettable. Went to a club after the game which proved to be very rewarding. Met a wee local lass the rest stays with me te he he ! !

Mechilin ,Belgium Cup Winners cup 1987. We were the first British team aloud in to Belgium since the Heysel stadium disaster. It was a great trip where we held what was to be the compilation winners to a 0-0 draw. Gus would have been proud as we played a right defensive game. A young Ian Ferguson nearly scored on the break. What a support we had that night sang there heads off. still got the Mechlin scarf I was given by one of there fans. We were based in Leige and had one hell of a night in the town after the game.

Blackpool friendly 2000....Drove down with Div and Vic who I had just met. Also met some English based Saints fans for a pint. My understanding one was Bill Lees though I did not know that at the time. What a weekend it was a pure scream from start to finish.

Kirkcaldy 1987 in the run up to the cup win. It was the second round and my brother put on £20.00 for Saints to win the cup. He had to travel back through to Kirkcaldy to pick up his winnings. The basa never told me what he got back.

5th no where in particular. However most trips I made with "Saints Junior Supporters" we always had an adventure as a 8 year old. I remember the two double decker buses full of very young kids travelling all over Scotland. There was no M8 in these days so most trips we had to set off very early. Great memories. Still see and speak to Neil Kennedy who was a member in the later years.

Great post LS !

re: Blackpool - I was telling some Bolton/MCR mates about it, and they simply refused to believe me. Aside from the weekend antics, those who were there, (and could screw their eyes up enough to focus on the action on the pitch) probably began to think, "Here, we might have a chance this season...."

Mechilin ,Belgium Cup Winners cup 1987. We were the first British team aloud in to Belgium since the Heysel stadium disaster. It was a great trip where we held what was to be the competition winners to a 0-0 draw. Gus would have been proud as we played a right defensive game. A young Ian Ferguson nearly scored on the break. What a support we had that night sang there heads off. still got the Mechlin scarf I was given by one of there fans. We were based in Leige and had one hell of a night in the town after the game.

Mechelen game , did you travel on the Knox Street bus?